Hughesnet Community

South Carolina Floods and non use.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deborah Young

South Carolina Floods and non use.

I am in South Carolina and due to flooding was not able to use my service for 1 week does HN have a policy that will compensate me for the time of not being able to use my service. obviously this was of no fault of my own. just asking although I think I already know the answer.
13 REPLIES 13
Shelia Varnado

Don't hold your breath waiting for HughesNet to be sensitive to your needs. They are a complete rip off company. 
Amanda

Hello Deborah,

Sorry to hear that ! We hope all your stuff, yourself and your family are safe and sound (and dry).

Our customer support is very understanding and we'll gladly give you credit for your downtime. I'd be happy to process it myself so you don't need to call, if you'd prefer that?

Thanks,
Amanda
Deborah Young

I just thought they might have something in place to aid us for non use some of us are just being allowed back into our homes.
Deborah Young

Thank you Amanda for responding so promptly what is it that you need from me in order to process?
Amanda

Hello Deborah,

We do have special instructions for agents who encounter customers who have been through a natural disaster and what kind of options we can offer (credits, suspensions, etc) until they can rebuild or re-enter their homes. I have your account information from another post you made a while back, so you're good! We'll go ahead and process it now.

Thanks,
Amanda
Deborah Young

Than you much? Exactly what is it that you will be doing? If you don't mind me asking? Never been through a hurricane before.
Amanda

Hi Deborah,

We've passed your case on to our Executive Customer Care team who can give you even more options than just credit. I understand we've tried to reach out to a few numbers we have on file for you already. If you have a best way to be reached to speak about this, please e-mail it to us at communitysupport@hughes.com

Thank you
Amanda
Deborah Young

Thank you Bill and yes we are all well. Amanda has contacted me via phone but didn't call my cell, I forwarded the cell to the support team and am waiting to hear from them.
Deborah Young

Huge Thank you to Michelle in customer service She really worked it out so that HN is not a worry for us! Thank you Michelle!!!!
Amanda

Heya Deborah!

Glad to hear you got fixed up quick. Let us know if you need anything in the future, we'll gladly give you a hand.

Thanks,
Amanda
Deborah Young

Thank you Amanda!
cuddlebug

Deborah I am praying for you and your family and all others in your area.  I am so glad you were alright (as possible under the circumstances).  Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Deborah Young

Thank you cuddlebug our home was spared and progress is being made for our country roads