Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet Raised Monthly Rate and Added Mystery Charge in Response to Applying EBB.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dude
New Poster

Hughesnet Raised Monthly Rate and Added Mystery Charge in Response to Applying EBB.

Last month, I called and asked to have the Emergency Broadband Benefit applied to my account. After I hung up, the monthly plan amount was suddenly increased $10 and a mystery charge of $8.11 was also added (nothing was said about this while I was on the phone). The amount due was $18.11 more than my December invoice. I tried emailing (refused to help), then used chat and was not told the truth about the charges (customer service said the $8.11 was a late fee, even though it appeared the same day the EBB was applied to my account). I was also told that the $8.11 would drop off once I paid the invoice. My January invoice is $18.16 more than what it was before I asked to have the EBB applied. This seems very shady. Beware and check your invoices.

1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not shady. It's accounting, and just because charges are applied at the same time as other events, it doesn't mean they're related. If they told you there was a late fee, then there was a late fee. Check your invoices online to see where the charges come from.