cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellycha0s
Freshman

I am requesting a sales call review

I am requesting a sales call review.

I was told that I would be able to use multiple devices for browsing internet and streaming video. Most of the time I can't.

I've contacted customer service and have been told that I'm getting a good signal. When I ask why, if I'm getting a good signal, I can't stream without CONSTANT buffering, freezing and/or poor video quality I get answers like:

*let's change your wifi channel and see if that helps (it doesn't work, ever).

*tell me what devices you are using. maybe it's your device. (I then explain that my devices worked fine in the city when I had spectrum.)

- It was not disclosed to me during the sales call that certain devices might not be able to use the alleged "good signal" from the Hughesnet satellite.

- It was not disclosed to me during the sales call that I would rarely be able to watch a video without freezing, buffering and/or poor video quality (either online or on my Roku player or on an app on my laptop).

- It was not disclosed to me during the sales call that the express basic repair wouldn't be free or wouldn't happen at all UNLESS a customer service rep noted a problem with my signal. I was under the assumption that if I noted a problem, I could use the service.

SO, if my signal is fine then I'm not getting what I was told I would get: the ability to stream videos and surf the internet on multiple devices.

If my devices are actually the problem, I was not told that I needed certain devices to use the Hughesnet service.

I truly, sincerely believe that I was given incomplete information with which to make an informed decision. I believe that I was offered a service that I am most definitely NOT getting. I would like to cancel this contract without paying an early termination fee because the services the sales rep offered me are not being provided.

If there's anything else I need to do to ensure my sales call is reviewed and start the process of terminating the contract without an early termination fee due to lack of service, please let me know.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
kellycha0s
Freshman

I'm also going to add to this list of grievances: I made it very clear that my household would have significant data usage (hours of online use and streaming) and I asked if the data plan would be sufficient. I was assured it would be. It most definitely isn't.

kellycha0s
Freshman

It's been over 24 hours since I posted and no one has replied. Is there something else I need to say or do?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kellycha0s 

The reps normally reply within a working day, but it can be longer when they are busy and/or shorthanded.  Hopefully you'll see a reply from one tomorrow.

@kellycha0s,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this and I apologize for the delay. I will investigate the sales call and let you know of my findings via private message. Please allow up to a business week for this to be completed. Thank you for your patience in advanced. 

-Damian  

It's been well over a business week. I still haven't heard back from anyone.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sometimes it takes longer. Hopefully @Damian will have something for you today.

kellycha0s wrote:

It's been well over a business week. I still haven't heard back from anyone.

@kellycha0s,

Thank you for your patience while the sales call was being investigated. I do apologize for the delay. Please refer to your private messages for information regarding the sales call invesgation. 

-Damian