Hughesnet Community

I have spent several hours and multiple restore tokens to update my Garmin, only to have Hughesnet drop me and now its all for nothing.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyson Irvin

I have spent several hours and multiple restore tokens to update my Garmin, only to have Hughesnet drop me and now its all for nothing.

I have spent several hours and multiple restore tokens to update my Garmin, only to have Hughesnet drop me and lose all of it.
8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Good morning Alyson,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that! We can help you out, please post the serial number located on the back/bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account and address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'd take it to the local library or other free high-speed hot spot.
William Nason

I have been able to update mine (several times) in the past during the FAP free period but I doubt seriously that it would be successful right now with the usage slowdowns.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I have to second sgoshe on the library suggestion. There is just to great a chance on a momentary "blip" on a file that size.

I know mine have been well over 1 GB.

William Nason

I do not disagree that the library is probably a better option.  Just letting you know that it can be done on HN service WHEN it is working as it should.  Note that my last couple of map updates were 4-5 GB and I was able to squeeze them in between 2 AM and 7 AM.  Again it is highly unlikely that it would work right now.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I am able to do mine without problem but ONLY if I disable turbopage first. I have tried with it enabled and its just like Alyson it keeps dropping out and losing everything. if the TP server flickers at any point it loses everything
William Nason

Charles I gather from your reply above that turning turbopage off helps with large downloads? Does it help with the speed issues or just prevent hiccups?  I have never tried that - should I?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

It really depends on the website your trying to open, like Netflix, when trying to stream through Chrome I have to disable TP just to get it load and stream without buffering, this has always been that way for me, when accessing any https sites where Im trying to place an order I have to disable it or the verification process either times out or wont complete at all but just normal web browsing enabling TP does speed thing up so there is no real rhyme or reason to it.