I think my account got compromised

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinitytec
Junior

I think my account got compromised

I think my account got compromised, and since I am not a subscriber anymore I cannot change my password. Any advice?
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to provide more detail as to why you think your account (which should no longer exist, since you are not a subscriber) got compromised.

I will admit I fell victim to a phishing scam. On mobile it looked more convincing.
Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

So what account was compromised?  Couldn't be the HN account, since you're no longer a subscriber. 

Sorry you got nabbed by a phishing scam, BTW.

The email for this account.
maratsade

I thought email accounts no longer worked after account cancellation.  @Liz 

Hi infinitytec,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear what happened. I went ahead and disabled your HughesNet email accounts, which should've been done anyway since service termination. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!