Incorrect Information From Representative When Starting Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HSawickijr
New Poster

Incorrect Information From Representative When Starting Service

I work from home in my office, I have two landlines with Ooma, One is a dedicated fax line, I asked the representative if my landlines would still work correctly thru satelate? she said "yes it should" When I disconnected my cable, my landlines were not working properly. I called Ooma and they informed me to call HughesNet. The technicial representative told me that outside landlines DO NOT support satelate! Its been less then 30 days since I ordered HughesNet, and I need to cancel my service, and go back to cable, I was informed that if I cancelled early that there would be a $400.00 fee! I should NOT be charged a fee due to the lack of information the original representative did not know what she was talking about!

Please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello HSawickijr,

Thank you for patiently waiting on a response. I've located your sales call and I did not hear anything regarding landlines, fax lines, Ooma, etc. Please see a portion of the transcription below:

Agent: Alright and what kinds of things will you be using on the internet, online?

Caller: Um, well, I definitely need Wi-Fi, um.. for my desktop, um.. my iPad and my dads iPhone and my iPhone and then for um... for TV through a streaming box.

The agent then asks if anyone in the home will be doing any online gaming, which was answered "no". 

This is the extent of any requirements mentioned on the call regarding what you needed the services for. The end of the call is a wrap up from the agent providing a condensed version of the terms and conditions which include: the URL to view the subscriber agreement,  early termination fees, unreturned equipment fees, online gaming disclaimer and what to expect during the installation. 

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@HSawickijr

I'm sure one of the reps will put in a request for a sales call review to verify the misinformation.  The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so it will most likely be a couple of days before they will reply, though they are sometimes on during the weekend.  I don't know that the people who perform the sales call reviews are on during the weekends, though.  

A question, though.  Are you sure that the sales rep understood that your "landlines" were actually VOIP service and not landline service?  

@GabeU wrote:

@HSawickijr

I'm sure one of the reps will put in a request for a sales call review to verify the misinformation.  

Hi @HSawickijr!

So sorry this miscommunication occurred. So here's the deal:

The "mods" or moderators of this community board will be able to order up the recording of your sales call. As @GabeU said, this can take a few days, so please be patient. After the moderator receives the recording, she/he will listen to it to determine whether you were misled by the sales representative. If you were indeed misinformed, you will be entitled to cancel your Hughesnet account without having to pay the $400 early termination fee. Be aware that, unless you purchased your equipment (i.e. the dish, modem, etc.) you will have to return it. But they make it easy vis-a-vis sending you the correct box(es) with pre-paid mailing labels.

Hope this helps!

-Debbie

Hi @HSawickijr,

I tried to edit my above reply, but my computer was being stinky, so I'll just clarify here. I don't want to set false expectations for what the moderators will do, so please allow me to clarify.

IF the moderator determines you were outright lied to, you MAY be entitled to a full cancellation of your early termination fee. IF they determine there was a misunderstanding that should have been been more clearly explained on the sales person's end, you MAY get a partial reduction. 

My intention was to walk you through the process, not predict what the outcome will be. I'm not a Hughesnet employee, and only the moderator and Hughesnet can determine what kind of ETF reduction/elimination you will get, if any.

Hello HSawickijr,

Thank you for patiently waiting on a response. I've located your sales call and I did not hear anything regarding landlines, fax lines, Ooma, etc. Please see a portion of the transcription below:

Agent: Alright and what kinds of things will you be using on the internet, online?

Caller: Um, well, I definitely need Wi-Fi, um.. for my desktop, um.. my iPad and my dads iPhone and my iPhone and then for um... for TV through a streaming box.

The agent then asks if anyone in the home will be doing any online gaming, which was answered "no". 

This is the extent of any requirements mentioned on the call regarding what you needed the services for. The end of the call is a wrap up from the agent providing a condensed version of the terms and conditions which include: the URL to view the subscriber agreement,  early termination fees, unreturned equipment fees, online gaming disclaimer and what to expect during the installation. 

Thank you,

Amanda