Hughesnet Community

Install question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scorpion51

Install question

A week ago Hughes did an install changing me over from DishNet. The modem and the antenna system were change over but the three year old in-ground cabling was not replaced. Should it have been? What are the chances that i will see system problems due to the cabling.  
48 REPLIES 48
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It was a very good place to work for a lot of years.

Sadly the Auto industry hit the skids so I had the time and retired.

Got bored after a few months and got a job in a General Dynamics plant machining and assembling 1500 HP army tank engines.

That was interesting ... and you took special care, you knew someone's life depended on the quality and precision of your work.

Robin S

On Van Dyke in Warren? 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Nope, GD sold to L-3 Combat Propulsion Systems in Muskegon MI while I was there.

Knerkin Akin

Ahhh, a fellow GD worker. I started at Electric Boat in 1963 in Nuclear Quality Control. Retired from their Newport (RI) engineering facility in 1992. I ended up labeled as a troubleshooter and was plopped here and there for about 20 years. Also, I'd burn out, leave to do something else interesting, then return when there was an interesting crisis to solve.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I'll bet working at EB was interesting !
Scorpion51

Amanda,
No I'm not hell bent on doing it myself. The "How To" is not a problem for me but if Hughes is willing to be on the hook for the cable replacement if or when it"s needed then I'm more than Okay with that. Thanks for you attention to this minor worry.
Christopher San

Above all this sure glad i had green stripes in my shirt today for i think Amanda would have gotten us all today in the pinching dept !!!!!    LOL !!!!