Hughesnet Community

It's not me, it's YOU Hughes Net. It's over, and here's why...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candimaciel

It's not me, it's YOU Hughes Net. It's over, and here's why...

We moved back into our home in Alabama at the end of June and the previous internet service provider had all ports full and no capabilities to service us. So we were left with Hughes Net as our only internet option. I had heard bad things, but I wanted to give HN a fair chance. I called to set up our internet, when asked what we use it for, I said "I work from home, am online all day, also 2-3 cell phones, an iPad occassionally, and AppleTV for streaming Netflix and Hulu."   I was told NO PROBLEM, you can do all of that on our unlimited plan. 

Fast forward to today -- we just moved, we incurred thousands of dollars of expenses to move out of our home and into a new home with a new lease. We have our AL home on the market to sell. WHY do you ask? Because of the internet and phone. 

Between end of June and today, I've spent countless hours troubleshooting internet and phone with HN and have learned several things during this time: It is not compatible with VPN at all (and this was never told to me when I called initially to sign up over the phone) -- and I have to use VPN for work most of the day), It is not compatible with streaming (unless you want to spend $$ on data!  Last month, our bill was almost $450 because of some streaming and daily internet use for work and cell phones), if it's windy/rainy/etc. nothing works -- not the phone, not the internet, nothing (and do you know how much this happens? TOO MUCH), and the customer service is terrible! (i'm tired of speaking to someone in the Phillipines about my phone service not working, they are reading from a script, and provide me zero help whatsoever). 

It's been a nightmare. Never in my wildest dreams did we expect to be in this situation, and I sincerely am upset that this information was not shared with me upfront when I was asked what I use the internet for. If someone tells you they work from home HN, please tell them that you are not compatible with VPN!   

What now? I want out of my contract and not to pay the fees. I don't feel I should need to pay anything more than my last bill and for us to part ways like a civil break-up. You haven't been good to me, and I deserve better. Truly, my job was on the line, and we've now paid thousands to move out of our beautiful home just to have decent internet.  

Help. please. We are a military family and don't have the extra money to break the contact when we feel we didn't get honest help from the get-go from Hughes Net. 

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hello candimaciel,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated. I'm sure we can work towards a resolution. I'll keep you posted.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi candimaciel,

Thanks for your patience while your sales call was reviewed. We got a quick turnaround, so please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!