Lying to my 50 year old mother

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevenm5244
New Poster

Lying to my 50 year old mother

I want to know who I can speak to about swindling my mother out of 500 dollars. She was lied to about what this internet service would provide her. She was asked how many people she lived with and what she uses the internet for. To which She said that she’s lives with her sister and her sister’s husband and that she likes to stream movies And play games on her phone. And She was told yes that 30 gig was enough. After 500 dollars 5 months of trouble shooting only to be told that her connection is fine but was never once told that she didn’t have nearly enough data to use the internet the way she wants. I have to come 1700 miles across the country to call customer service and figure out in 2 phone calls that she’s paying 100 dollars for enough data to lasts her 3 days out of the month and if she wants to cancel she has to pay 370 more dollars. Even is she got the max data plan and all your tokens and payed and extra 125 on top of the 100 dollars she’s already paying it still wouldn’t be enough to get her through even a third of the month. But yet she was told 30 gigs was fine. In what world is it OK to take advantage of someone like this?
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HN reps on this site will be back tomorrow; please allow them time to check your complaint and get back to you.  

There is also chat, which you can access from anywhere in the country, 24/7.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Good morning Stevenm5244,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your mother's sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. Please private message me the account number or case number from a previous support call so I can pull up the account to start. 

Please keep in mind that sales calls from up to 6 months or older may not be available, so a review cannot be made in those cases.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Steven,

Thanks for PMing me the requested info. I've pulled up the account and will request your mother's sales call to be reviewed. This can take up to a week to complete; I'll post back here once I have an update for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hello Stevenm5244, 

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz