cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpomawski
Freshman

Misleading and Dishonest

Re: Sales Rep Misinformation

In reading your information, I am going through the same thing and was told to go to the "community" page and post my story.  I also have the GEN5 service. 

In the inital sales call, I told the rep I need internet service for a home office that uses VOIP and VPN for business and was told that Hughes net has thousands of customers that use Hughesnet for the same thing and suggested I get the business plan as the GEN5 is state of the art and perfect to fit my business needs. Ive never had a SAT provider before so i didnt know what to expect and put all my trust in the sales reps hand. I was in process of purchasing a brand new home that only offered HughesNet and made my decision to move forward with my home purchase after feeling confident in speaking with the sales rep as I was told this would be more than sufficient. Now they only focused on the speed, im not technical, so I entrusted the sales person. The indstaller actually installed the equiment on the house before I even closed on it, so I didnt get to test it until about 9 days after it was installed. Within minutes, I knew this couldnt work and was not as promised. There is a 15 + second delay when I use the phone (VOIP) and cant engage in the clients conversation due to the delay.

I called Hughes net right away on the first day of use to cancel and thats when they told me about the $880 equipment PLUS the $400 service early termination. The equipment termination fee was never mentioned to me on the sales call when I agreed to service. The agent I got when I tried to cancel it said directly to me, "No you wouldnt know about the cancelation fees until you got to my department and Im telling you now"  making me realize how underhanded and unethical this company is. This misleading information ultmetley resulted in having to renting an office space that has usable business internet leaving me with the pain of paying my office lease fee, and the usless HughesNet bill every month as I feel stuck and in deperate need of a solution.  

I called back to try another agent and he suggested that I take to the community page and was truly sorry that I was mislead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning jpomawski,

Thank you for your patience as your sales call was reviewed.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hello jpomawski,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting and providing these details, we can certainly look into this for you. Since you have a business account (SME), I'm sending this over to our enterprise department, as I have limited capabilities with SME accounts. That department should be reaching out to you to address your concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz, I look forward to thier reply!

J

Good morning jpomawski,

Thank you for your patience as your sales call was reviewed.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.

Good Morning Liz,

I would like to move forward as earlier discussed.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks