Hughesnet Community

Misled by sales rep.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalel

Misled by sales rep.

Just spent 55 min. on phone with hughesnet to no avail. In May of 2016, I called because my service was actually no service as we hadn't had signal in about 10 days. The rep. I talked to gave me a credit for the lost days and talked me into upgrading to the gen4. His pitch: A $100 instant credit, a $10 monthly credit for 12 months, and after 30 days, a rebate of $100. Well, after waiting the 30 days, I started looking for ways to submit the rebate. Couldn't find so had to call, and that is where the fun began. They could find no record that I was to receive a $100 rebate. I told them to review the call. Of course, they can't do that, it wouldn't be to their benefit. We have been with Hughes for 8 years. I told him after 8 yrs. as a customer, you should be able to make this right and honor what I was told. So after 55 min., I was given a 3 month credit of $15/mon. And he seriously asked how did that work for me. I said, well how would you feel if you were promised $100 and were given $45 instead? Hughes can lie to their customers and there is nothing you can do about it. Without a doubt, do not deal without getting it in writing first, take down names and confirmation numbers.
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi dalel,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We certainly want to address your concerns so I pulled up your account to investigate further. I can see in an agent's notes when you upgraded to Gen 4 where there may have been some confusion about that additional $100 rebate.

We value your long standing loyalty to HughesNet so I credited your account $100 for this inconvenience. Thank you again for bringing this up, I will send this to management so we can improve our service.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

dalel

Liz,
I can't thank you enough. I wish I had came here first.
Thanks again,
Dale
Liz

You're welcome Dale, we'll be here if you need us. 🙂

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!