Hughesnet Community

Modem Issues and Customer Service Tech Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwlene

Modem Issues and Customer Service Tech Issues

After spending over two hours on the phone with three different Customer Service Techs, we requested a new modem to be sent to a local general store since our location is so remote.  We received a UPS notification that evening saying the modem was being shipped to our remote physical address that is behind two located gates and four miles off the main road!  We were not happy!!  We contacted yet another Tech the next day trying to explain our situation AGAIN.  After first telling us that she could not contact UPS and request the delivery address to be changed and placing us on hold several times, she finally said she was able to contact UPS, and the modem would be delivered to the address we requested in town.  When the modem arrived, it still did not work, so a Field Tech came out over a week later.  He said they (HN) had shipped the modem without entering coordinates.  He had to install yet another modem and replace our "radio" on the dish.  We are finally up and running but are extremely frustrated with the fact we paid shipping on a faulty modem that wasn't configured from the start.  We were also told to return our original modem, but we haven't received any shipping instructions.  We are so frustrated that we cannot seem to get the Customer Service Techs to understand that we have no electricity, no cell phone, no landline, etc.  We have to run our system off of a generator and cannot trouble shoot over the phone since there is no communication!  This is the reason we needed satellite service in the first place.  We are happy our service is now working, but we are not happy with the Customer Service Techs as a whole, not happy that we are paying shipping on a faulty modem, not happy that we have not received any shipping instructions for the old modem, and not happy that we are supposed to pay a Field Tech to come out when the issues were with Hughes Net equipment.
6 REPLIES 6
dwlene

Just received an email saying we will be charged $125 for the original faulty modem if we do not return it within 20 days.  Where is a pre-paid shipping label for this modem?????  Why should we have to pay to return HUGHES NET equipment that has failed?????
Liz

Good morning dwlene,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, we can certainly address your concerns.

When you received the replacement modem in the mail, was the return label in the outer pouch? Normally the return label is in there and you can use it on the same box to return the old modem.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, as a courtesy to you, I've refunded the site visit fee. 

Please let me know if the box that was shipped to you includes the return label, if not I can e-mail you a label.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

dwlene

Hi Liz! 
Bless you!  This is great news!  I did find the return label!  Thank you so much!  More communication was needed on letting us know the return label was in the sleeve.  Thankful to find it!

Also, thank you sooooo much for refunding the site visit fee!!  This is encouraging to us that Hughes Net as a whole is trying to do right by its customers!  We are pleased with the Hughes Net service and being able to have some type of communication at our remote ranch, but were not happy with the first customer service experiences we have had. 

We love Kathy, the scheduler, who was so helpful and encouraging; Philip, the Field Tech, who worked hard to make sure everything was up and running again; and now, you Liz for understanding and helping us!!! 

Oh yes, can you also give us information on being able to suspend service?  We are only at our remote ranch for a total of a few months out of the year.  We would appreciate any info and any information on VOIP!  We are wondering if this would work in our remote area AND if it will work within our budget.

We will send the old modem out today!  Again, thank you so much for your help and information!!
Liz

Wonderful! Glad you found the return label. 

Regarding service suspension, to quote my co-worker Amanda:

• Seasonal suspension is limited to a maximum of 6 months [180 days].
You have 180 days total to suspend your service, but do not have to use all of those days and can use the left over days another time within a 365-day rolling period.  Your service plan will be halted along with your commitment (if any). If you have things such as a hardware lease fee, Zone Alarm / PC system essentials or other premium service or Express repair, those fees + any applicable taxes will be billed as normal. HughesNet VoIP service is also suspended and billing for that is stopped too.
As an example, if you purchased your hardware, do not have Express Repair or Premium Services, you will not be billed during the suspension.You can call to suspend and unsuspend, and only takes a few minutes to do both. 
As for HughesNet Voice, you can find all the details here: http://www.hughesnet.com/learn-more/faq/hughesnet-voice?locale=en

If you have additional concerns with HughesNet Voice, please let me know!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

dwlene

Thanks Liz!  We will check out the Voice info!  The suspension info is very helpful! 
Thanks again for all of your help!!!
Liz

You're very welcome, dwlene!

Don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Liz