Hughesnet Community

Moving to new location that does not allow satellites, HughesNet is telling us to pay a $600 for equipment.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan Spear

Moving to new location that does not allow satellites, HughesNet is telling us to pay a $600 for equipment.

We are moving to a new location that does not allow satellites to be mounted on the property and HughesNet is telling us to pay a $600 early termination fee for the "equipment lease". We just want to send the equipment back since we will have absolutely no use for it, but we are told we must pay the $600 and then we will "own" the equipment. Customer service has been very frustrating and has not given any options, such as pay a reduced fee and return the equipment (it seems like it must have some value). We do not want to pay the equipment lease termination fee and own HughesNet equipment when we can't use it!  The case reference number is 49516020.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris11
Alum

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the community! We understand your frustration and I assure you we are here to help.Thank you for posting with a case number. With this we'll be able to quickly pull up your account. Give me some time while I do some investigating and we'll see what we can do for you. 

Thanks,
Chris
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

First time I ever heard of the lease fee being added into the ETF. They may not charge you anything as long as you return the modem and radio from the dish. Especially since you are moving to a place that doesn't allow it. Have seen them ask for some kind of proof though, not saying they will but maybe. Good luck!
Dan Spear

Thanks to those that have replied.  We were able to come to an agreement on the phone and it is all taken care of.  Good luck to everyone else.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Dan,

I'm glad to hear this. Hope everything goes well with your move. Take care.

- Chris