Hughesnet Community

My credit card was charged the equipment fee after I returned it!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielle Witt

My credit card was charged the equipment fee after I returned it!

I cancelled my HughesNet service on 4/1/15 (within my 30-day trial period) and they said that they have sent a box. After not receiving a box after more than a week, I called again and a second request for a box was sent. I got one box less than a week later and sent the equipment back. I called on 4/23/15 and spoke to Mark who confirmed that the equipment was received 4/17/15 and it would be put in the computer. About a week after the first box was sent, the second one came. I called UPS after the first attempt of retrieving it, and they said not to do anything. I then got a "surprise" $318 charge saying that I did not return my equipment, even though it was confirmed by somebody there that you did receive it. My account was under my name Danielle Witt. Please get this fixed ASAP, it really is making me angry that you would do such a thing.
1 REPLY 1
Miles2

Good morning Danielle,

Thank you for reporting this so that we can help you and also find out what happened so hopefully it won't happen to others. We are constantly working to improve our processes. I was able to locate your account and found that an agent did help you this morning and the $318.00 refund has been processed back to your credit card on file. I can see where the first box shipped on 04/11/2015. And also see Delivered On: Tuesday,  04/14/2015 at 2:58 P.M. Left At: Other - released. We are sorry the box did not get to you. You should see the refund back on your credit card account within the next two business days. Please feel free to write back here if you do not receive your credit refund by next Monday the 27th.

Please accept our apologies for this experience,

Miles