New Account Terms & Buffing Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soliday1
New Poster

New Account Terms & Buffing Issues

I called today about my account.  I wanted to remove the telephone service from my account and was told there would be a $195(don't remember the exact amount?) fee to disconnect service since I was still in my 2 year contract.  Thing is, I didn't know I had a 2 year contract.  When I talked to the sales rep he never said anything about having a 2 year contract for the internet OR  the phone service.  I would like to see something in writing about 2 year contracts and would also like for the recording to be reviewed where I asked about contracts and was told there was none.

Also, I am having buffing issues with Netflix once my high speed service runs out.  The sales guy gave me this big spill about how satellite internet was different then cable internet or data plans through cell phone service.  He said that he had several customers that would use all their GB and would not see any buffing issues while watching Netflix.  He said that when we used all of our 20 GB service that we would not notice a difference in streaming Netflix.  He said the only issue we might have is if we had a hugh big screen TV that the pixels might not be as sharp.

I would like for someone from customer relations to contact me.

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi soliday1,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations, specifically whether the rep disclosed the 24 month agreements for the internet and phone services. I'll post back once I get the results.

Typically, sales reps disclose that sort of info at the end of the sales call and provide the legal website where you can read that information yourself online: http://legal.hughesnet.com/

Our legal page is where you can find the subscriber agreement for your internet and for your phone service. There is even a separate page dedicated to early termination fees.

Regarding buffering while out of your monthly data allowance, and therefore subjected to the Fair Access Policy, it's best to limit streaming to on device on your network. Our plans offer up to 25 Mbps in download speeds. That is shared amongst all your connected devices, as illustrated below. Once you're out of data, your speeds are reduced. So if you have 1-3 Mbps being shared across multiple devices, you're likely to encounter buffering. First thing is to disconnect all other internet connected devices from your network so only one is streaming, you'll have a better chance at streaming. 

Another option many customers use when they run out of data is to purchase a data token to get the data you need to restore speeds. Click here for details on how that works.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning soliday1,

Good news! I got a very quick turnaround on your sales call review request. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with details.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!