New Account questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jani215
New Poster

New Account questions

We are a new customer. Our account start date is 2-23-20. it was set up through Dish. We were told we would be charged $1.00, which would then be cancelled, our first credit card statement had charges of $19.99 and $3.00. Please explain.  We were also told we would be able to get paper bills and pay by check.  I am not able to find a way to change this, but when I went into MyHughesNet.com, I see you charge $5.00 to allow us to use a check? It would not bother me to print my own invoice, When I look for my current invoice, I can only see the most recent charged invoice (currently dated 4-23-20) my next invoice is almost due, I received a notice it is available, but I cannot . I would like to be able, at the very least, to see my invoice before you charge our card.  Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jani215 

I'm sure the reps will be able to tell you what the initial $19.99 and $3.00 charges were for.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, so the earliest they will reply is tomorrow.  

Regarding paper billing, it is true that there is a $5 invoice fee if you choose this form of billing. That fee cannot be waived.  If you want to change to paper billing, you can call 866-347-3292 and make that request, though it may take a while to get to talk to a rep right now due to the recent pandemic related increase in support calls.  

With automatic billing, the invoice is charged the day it's created, so with automatic billing it's not possible to see what the charge will be prior to it actually being charged.  However, aside of any annual taxes that may occur in you jurisdiction (some jurisdictions have them, some don't) or a given discount ending, or any Data Token purchases you may make, your bill should be the same every month.  My own bill has been the same every month for the last two years.  

You should be able to see at least your March bill in the Invoice History of the "My Bill" section of the HughesNet My Account site.  I'm not sure about the February bill, with it being the first.

Again, the reps won't be back until tomorrow, but hopefully you'll get a reply then.

Liz

Hi jani215,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Gabe gave some good advice, especially about checking your bill online; that's where you can go to see a breakdown of your monthly bill. 

I pulled up your account to investigate and those two charges are for your payment when you first signed up and the subsequent taxes. New customers are charged initially for the service and equipment (if applicable), but they aren't charged for taxes. Tax fees are determined and charged after the installation so that's what the $3.03 is for.

You can see for yourself online: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and follow the instructions here: http://hninfo.us/viewbill

To see the breakdown of your bill, open the bill and click the "Account Charges" link in the bottom left corner.

Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!