No call after email request

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pentangle
Sophomore

No call after email request

Three times now I have sent an email to the support site about a credit that was to be issued as partial compensation for a connectivity issue, I still have not gotten a calback to resolve the problem. What does it take to get Hughes' attention?

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Although this doesn't make the issue you experienced with the lack of responsiveness any less frustrating, I'd say your best bet is to wait for the HN reps here to look at your case.  They can resolve issues faster and have more authority to do so.  

@pentangle wrote:

Three times now I have sent an email to the support site about a credit that was to be issued as partial compensation for a connectivity issue, I still have not gotten a calback to resolve the problem. What does it take to get Hughes' attention?

Liz

Good morning pentangle, 

Thanks for reaching out. I pulled up your account and the service discount that was agreed upon per case 136209969 is already in effect. 2 of the 3 months of discounts have been applied so far, with this month being the final. 

Your case history doesn't show any recent e-mail cases; perhaps you can try calling us at your convenience if you would like to do live troubleshooting. Otherwise, you can try starting a new thread in the tech support board. Currently the diagnostics on HughesNet equipment show everything working normally. I would be concerned about the HP88B3F2, iMac, and Amazon devices only having a fair wifi connection, they may be too far from the modem.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks for the response, but the agent on that call/case also agreed to a 1 week credit due to the poor connectivity issue I had,which continues to be an intermittent issue. Also, this does not address the issue with your support site promising an email response within 24 hours; this hasn't happened 3 times now.

Hello pentangle,

Thanks for the clarification. I pulled up the case notes and they indicated that the 2 week credit was canceled in favor of the 3 month discount. To verify, I requested a review of that call which did confirm that's what happened.

Regarding the support emails, please let me know when these were sent. I'd like to investigate and ensure that we received them.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Sorry, but my understanding was that the week credit was in addition to the $10/month discount, at no point do I recall being offered a choice of one or the other.

I do not have dates when I sent the emails to support, but your support staff got them, when an email doesn't go through I get a "Daemon" notification, I haven't gotten any.

Good morning pentangle, 

That may be the case if you're sending e-mail direct from your e-mail account. Are you using this page for e-mail support?

https://customercare.myhughesnet.com/support.cfm?source=email

This is how our e-mail support should be contacted, can't guarantee you''ll get a response if you e-mail some other address directly.

-Liz

That is the form I use, reached through the "Contact Us" tab at the top right of all HughesNet pages.

I note you haven't addressed the credit issue, what's up with that?

Good morning pentangle,

I can test our e-mail support system and escalate to the appropriate admin if there's an issue. 

Regarding the credit, the review of the support call on which that was discussed indicated that the monthly discount was applied instead of the credit:

Agent: Here's what we can do in here, we can only go ahead and provide you a maximum of one week credit on your account to compensate that you're having--

Customer: Already done that, that's fine, but do you have any kind of promotional rate you can apply for a few months? Twenty bucks off, thirty bucks off?

Agent: Well--

Customer: I've had that done before.

Agent: In regards to that sir, I can go ahead-- I will not be providing you the one week credit, but I can go and only provide you a ten dollar discount for three months.

Customer: Eh, I'll take it.

Agent: OK? So I'll apply a ten dollar discount for three months then.

Customer: OK. It won't show up on this one, 'cause that bill's coming up in 3-4 days.

Agent: Yes this will actually start on the 24th of February. OK?

Customer: Alright.

I hope that clears things up as to why credit was not applied, I appreciate your understanding, thank you.

-Liz