Hughesnet Community

No data left but have not used Hughes Net during the time the new cycle started....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whattodoitisbad
New Poster

No data left but have not used Hughes Net during the time the new cycle started....

...as in ...we disconnected everything......Something very wrong here. 

While trying out a new product, we disconnected from Hughes router and all, completely, 2 +weeks ago.

Surprisingly (or maybe not so much) logging in today to see this. 

Not sure how this can be since it's been 2 weeks 3 days since we have been disconnected while deciding what we will be doing. 

Any Hughes person able to pipe in on how this can be? 

When I say disconnected...All cables, plugs and wires have been disconnected from all HN items and unplugged from the router, wall outlet etc.  

I used this thread as it is a billing issue now since we did indeed pay, as we always do, the outrageous fee but have not used 1 spec of data for 2+ weeks. 

Looking forward to any responses! 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 11.33.03 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

If you removed the power cord from the modem, the status is reporting what it was the last time it was plugged in.

If you plug the modem back in, it will update the usage to what it's supposed to be at the current time.

If you did not remove power to the modem, is it possible something or someone was using your wifi without your knowing it? For example: Several devices such as cable/satellite TV boxes could have used your wifi for simple things like software and guide updates.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

If you removed the power cord from the modem, the status is reporting what it was the last time it was plugged in.

If you plug the modem back in, it will update the usage to what it's supposed to be at the current time.

If you did not remove power to the modem, is it possible something or someone was using your wifi without your knowing it? For example: Several devices such as cable/satellite TV boxes could have used your wifi for simple things like software and guide updates.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Welllll, that makes sense....duh. It is completely unplugged/unhooked so....but, of course, do feel a bit dumb as that scenario didn't even enter my mind.

Sadly, when it comes to HughesNet, I'm on the negative end with nothing good to say. It's been a long 5+ years with them and trying to run a business.

Thanks so much for replying! I appreciate it. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@whattodoitisbad 

It's actually not all that uncommon to see a post similar to yours.  I'd venture to say that the majority of subscribers don't know that both data usage reporting and the monthly reset are dependent on the modem being plugged in.   It's one of the more technical aspects of the service that doesn't come up until, under certain conditions, someone remotely looks at their data levels and sees something quite different than they expect to see.  So, don't be too hard on yourself.  🙂