No rebate as promised

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindyshobe
New Poster

No rebate as promised

I am a fairly new HughesNet customer, my service was installed at the end of August 2019. The install promo at that time included a $100.00 rebate gift card. I was told I would receive my rebate after 2 months of service. On December 13, 2019 I still had not received it. I tried reaching out to HughesNet customer service...busy...busy.... put on hold....finally connected with a CSR. After explaining the reason for my call, she placed me on a "brief" hold to review my account. Holding...holding...DISCONNECTED! No answers. No callback. So, back at square one... I call again. Busy...busy...transferred twice...then put on hold for so long I finally had to hang up!  Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated when I finally get to speak to someone! (I placed eight calls over a two day period to address this missing rebate card! It should have been so simple!) The poor gal that answered my fifth call on the 2nd day assured me she could help. Right away she said she knew what the problem was and that she could fix it. I was told to expect my $100. rebate card in the mail within two to four weeks. Great. Done. On January 11th, 2020 I went to the hospital, was admitted and was whisked off for emergency surgery! (This threw me off track for just a bit) Time was early March when it dawned on me, I STILL HAD NO HuhgesNet rebate card! I did not know about this community board at the time, so back on the phone I went..

Covid19/half the country trying to set up work from home...I'll spare you the details of this on-hold experience 🙂 I'll just say that the guy who took my call said I had been misinformed! I had to initiate the rebate request by entering my information into the rebate form on the HughesNet/Rebate web site. So now I go there...and before I input all of the required information, I get a pop up that says NO REBATE OFFERS AVAILABLE FOR THIS TIME PERIOD 

Why was I not told I needed to do this in the beginning? Or on one of my many calls to customer service prior to the last one? I sure hope you can help me! 

Thank you -and- Stay safe.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cindyshobe 

The remittance instructions, or a link to them, are on the HughesNet site when a rebate is advertised.  If it was physical correspondence (a mailer), the instructions for the same would have been included.  Is it possible you just missed the "fine print"?  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a working day, but with them being much busier right now it may take them a bit longer than normal.

Liz

Hi cindyshobe,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Does your account number end in 638? Or do you have a case number where the phone agent discussed a rebate with you?

If I'm looking at the correct account, there are no logged calls/cases between Oct until Mar.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi cindyshobe,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!