Not able to use service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvillarreal9310
New Poster

Not able to use service

I started with Hughes about 2 months are so ago.  When i spoke to the sales person that goes over what services you may need.  I was asked several questions but, i never was asked if i would be using the internet with VPN.  I had been using a hotspot and that worked just fine, the only reason i inquired about Hughes was because on my hotspot i was running out of data because i'm working from home since March.  I didn't know that my VPN connection would slow down to nothing with Hughesnet, i was not told during my conversion with the sales person.  I was told by the installation technican after he installed it,  that if i was going to be using Hughes to connect to VPN my connection was going to be super slow, and that i was better off using my hotspot.  Had i been told this from the sales person i would have never purchased it.  Now, i've not used the service and i'm locked in a 2 year contract, and my friend told me that i would need pay off my balance in order to be able to get out of my contract.  

I'm a high risk person and my employer and doctor had asked me to work from home, but, i can't do so, now i've been coming into work and taking a changes with my life.  I want to cancel my contract because i was not properly inform about the VPN connection, but, i can't pay to get out, and i will need to pay for service i can't use. HELP! 

******EDIT****It's been 2 weeks and no one has responded to my request, so i contacted the customer service rep.   Well, they offered to pay 1/2 of my cancellation fee my part would be 198, i told them i didn't think i should have to pay for anything because they collected 192 for setup and service fee and they have auto paid themselves for 3 months that i've not about to use the service.  She than suggested that i place the  service on vacation and use it as a backup, what a back, what part of your service doesn't work on my VPN do you not understand.  She said i can use it for our internet things that didn't need to go through the VPN.  I'm not going to be switching back and forward between a HotSpot for VPN and Hughes for basic service, they are crazy.  So, now they said i have to pay the 198 and return the modem and the radio transmitter that is on the satilite dish.  I told her i'll return the modem but i can not get on top of the roof and take down the transmitter.  She said to have someone help or hire someone to take it down.  I told her that just like the tech installed it they can send someone to pick it up.  She said there is a 100 dollars charge to have someone come out and remove.  I'm a widow, i don't have family in town and i'm disabled, and i'm on a tight budget. *****Just got an email stating the my internet will be cancel at the end of the month but, i'm going to be billed $385 termination fee and if i don't return the modem and transmitter i'll be charge $300 that a total of $$685. ***Hughes Network steals from people they lie to people to make the sale and they take advance of older people that don't understand anything about the internet and VPN and all that. 

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mvillarreal9310 

Being that it's only been two months it's likely that your sales call is still available for review, and as far as I know one of the questions the salesperson is supposed to ask is whether you will be using a VPN.  

The reps can confirm whether this is the case.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is occasionally on in the evenings.  They usually respond within a working day, so hopefully you'll see a reply from by tomorrow.

Damian

@mvillarreal9310,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this. I will investigate the sales call and let you know of my findings. While I will not be able to cancel your account personally, I can help this process depending on the results. Please allow up to a full business week for the investigation to be completed. Thank you for your patience in advance. 

-Damian

Damian

@mvillarreal9310,

Thank you for your patience while the call was being investigated. Please refer to your private messages for details regarding the results. 

-Damian