Not getting credits promised on bill

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorenec
Freshman

Not getting credits promised on bill

I’ve been given a $30 credit off of my bill numerous times but evidently they can only do a few months at a time after which the system says I have reached my limit so I’m losing the additional credits given for genuine issues on their end. Now I’ve been directed to post in the community to see if any of you know how to get these credits back on my account. If you can believe that! Any help is appreciated!
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Dorenec 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, though Damian is often on in the evenings.  They usually reply within a day or two.

Liz

Good morning Dorenec,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to review your case notes and from what I can see, you were given a $30 x 6 month credit last September for a no browse concern that has since been addressed, so next month will be the last month you will receive the $30 credit. 

I ran diagnostics on your site just now and the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Did you have a particular technical concern we should address? If so, please describe your experience so I can better assist you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz,

Thank you for your efforts to assist me. The issue is with additional credits that have been given but not applied. For example, I recently had roughly 10 days where my signal was far below the minimum acceptable rate, I spent HOURS, quite literally, with support running diagnostics, etc. The matter was escalated to top tier engineers and I was given another $30 credit, however they have not been able to apply it as you can only give one credit at at time. Now it sounds as though you don't even see that credit.  This is just the most recent issue and when I called to inquire as to why I did not get the credit it was suggested that I reach out through the HughesNetCommunity.  

Hi Dorenec,

The $30 has indeed been applied every month since September. Do you have the case number of this more recent concern where our support rep was trying to apply a new credit? Or at least have an approximate date when this happened so I can find the relevant case?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

1/30/20 - Survey review call - Post on community website October 2019 $30/6 credit given. December $30/12 credit (case number 126225032) credit issued on my account not getting credits promised, system indicates “exceeds maximum credits allowed” please review & adjust billing accordingly. Said I should post in MyHughesnet.com - community, like review billing, this is case number 126319163. 

Taken from my notes.

Thank you,

Dorene Clark

Hi Dorene,

Thank you for the case number, this helps! Let me look into this and get back to you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning Dorene,

Thank you for your patience while I reviewed your case.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Liz

Liz,

Thank you for assisting in this matter, it is genuinely appreciated. I will keep an eye on my account and once the credit is applied I will come back to this thread and close the matter. 

For all those reviewing this thread, I encourage you to keep really good notes with all case numbers as the help available in this community is thourough and with sufficient information a resolution can be reached. 

Respectfully,

Dorenec

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

" I encourage you to keep really good notes with all case numbers as the help available in this community is thourough and with sufficient information a resolution can be reached. "

Hear, hear. Excellent advice!