Hughesnet Community

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pugs633

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net!

Once again getting screwed by hughes Net! I tried to make an online payment yesterday. I should have known that i was going to have problems. One page had my monthly payment, on another page it showed me that the balance due was double my payment which was due on 12/31/16. I opened the page to pay my bill. I entered all my info and pressed the enter button. It took me back to the payment box. I entered my info several times and each one went straight back to the payment box. I then called customer service. (case #101735004.) I explained to the rep that i needed to make a payment. She advised me that the online payment had went through. I asked if it went through more then once. She assured me that it had only gone through once. I then asked for a case # stating it went only once. Was checking my bank account earlier and to my surprise (not really!) it went through twice. I immediately called customer service (case # 101752548) and told them what happened.  I only authorized the one payment.  They tell me they cant reimburse it back into my checking account. What?! My checking account is going to bounce other purchases. $35 for each overdraft through my bank.  I spoke to a rep who told me they wouldn't reverse the extra charge.  I then spoke to two managers. Was told that since i'm going to owe them at some point they would put it towards that.  I didn't authorize the extra payment.  I was told by HughesNet customer service that it only charged me once.  Hughesnet doesn't ever take any responsibility for what their service reps tell us! This hasn't been my first time having a problem with them.  Now i'm waiting for the managers supervisor to call me back.  I don't know why I requested to speak to them.  I know the verdict.  They are just unfair.  I get paid once a month Social Security Disability.  They took the last of my money plus i'm going to owe my bank money for the overdrafts.  Not sure how I am going to make it til the end of the month.  There goes my food money.  I'm going to starve!!!
17 REPLIES 17
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

pugs633,

A word of advice.  This isn't going to fix your present problem, but if you ever run into anything similar to this again, wait until the next day to see if the first one when through. 

A couple of years ago I had a payment that didn't look like it went through, but I decided to wait until the next day to see if it did, as I, like you, am on a tight budget.  It turns out that it did and it just took some time for the system to reflect it. 

I hope you are able to get this straightened out.

The Official Reps on this community are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so you won't hear anything from them until Monday.  This is only regarding this, not your phone calls.   

pugs633

Good advice GabeU! I think that I learned my lesson this time.
pugs633

*UPDATE*  The managers supervisor actually called me back. He was very understanding (wow!).  Stated that he listened to yesterdays customer call with customer service. He was willing to take some of the responsibility from HughesNet on what the service rep told me.  He was the first person from HughesNet to actually listen to me  and to try to come up with a solution for me. I am satisfied at this point. 
GabeU

It's good to hear that you may have an acceptable outcome. 

GabeU

Uh oh, pugs633, I think you jinxed me.  LOL.  For the first time in many years I had to call them about my payment.  

I attempted to make a payment online, like I have every month for years, and sure enough, the payment wouldn't go through.  Ugh!  I decided to call them this time as the message was that the payment couldn't be processed and that I should try another card.  Yeah, right.  

I called and spoke to a woman who I had quite the difficult time understanding.  She processed my payment over the phone, and it went through , but you'd better believe that I am going to be calling my bank and checking my balance tomorrow to see if my attempted online payment finally did go through.  I called my bank's automated info and it only shows the called payment going through, but you never know what tomorrow might bring.    

The rep said something about there being some problem with changing payment systems or something.  It was hard to understand.  I asked her if it had anything to do with all of the recent changes to the Hughesnet site, and her answer was difficult to decipher, so if it did or not, I really don't know.  

Hopefully it was just a little glitch and everything will be fine next month.  I hate giving sensitive financial info over the phone.  It always makes me weary.  
Amanda

Hello pugs633,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting your concerns. I was able to review your account with the information you provided and have escalated it along with GabeU's case. There seemed to be some confusion with the agents in explaining to you the reasoning behind the double billing.  Understandably, until I noticed the 2 charges of $66.18 were separate and not together, I also believed it was because there was a past due balance, but you were on invoice and would not have been auto-drafted, especially in the way it was. 

Our call center managers are looking for other customers with the same issue to expand on what happened over the weekend, but I do hope that the followup from the agent's manager was sufficient. As soon as we receive word from the manager here in the corporate office regarding the double charges I will let you both know what happened.

Thanks
Amanda
chaquita16
Freshman

Hello pugs633, I am with you on this, I still can not be able to pay my bill and I have been trying for a week and a half and still can not get in there to pay my bill. I have call and the resp. told me that the internet has been down for a while, yea like a week and a half. Every time I ask to speak to a supervisor or manger well I don't get to all I get we will have one call you back well for a month I still haven't heard from no supervisor or a manger, same ole same ole like it was before. Vicki
pugs633

GabeU, I hope that you don't have to experience what I did! Definitely check with the bank again! I thought none of them went through because I never received any confirmations!
pugs633

Vicki, That sounds so frustrating! Same thing that I had to experience.  This time I was not going to let HughesNet railroad me again!.    So I just started  going through their chain of command. after 1 rep and 2 managers I finally got to speak to  their supervisor.  I was shocked because he was so nice.  He actually listened to my complaint and came up with a solution that we both agreed to.   Hope that you get a good rep!
GabeU

I checked and double checked.  It didn't go through, nor did the $1 account check.  For some reason the entire transaction failed when I did it.  I'll still keep checking for the next couple of days, though. 

It think my transaction failure and your non successful notification are different, though possibly related, problems. 

GabeU

chaquita16,

If you can't make a payment online you should still be able to make a payment over the phone with a rep. 

As for your internet being "down for a while", that's a whole different issue.  If your internet is down, you should start your own post to get help with that particular issue. 

pugs633

Thank you Amanda.  I'm good.  If you could find out who the supervisor is that helped me.  He deserves at least an "Atta Boy"!
Amanda

Hi

I've looked through some more records and believe this was related to an intermittent billing website outage that day. We're looking for more cases to ensure that all affected customers who called in were provided credits or refunds if they were double charged. Again, I'm really sorry about this. I know it is extra stress around the holidays that no one needs! 

Thanks
Amanda
chaquita16
Freshman

GabeU, the last time i paid over the phone they kept my card infor and and took money out of my account without my permission.
chaquita16
Freshman

Amanda, that is so funny cause I still can not make a payment, I was told an hour and it has been four days now. Vicki
Amanda

Hi Chaquita16

Sorry to hear that. I see you called in and made a payment yesterday. Were you unable to make a payment online?

Amanda
GabeU

chaquita16,

You can request that they not keep the info for auto payments.  If you did request that and they kept it anyway, then that's not good.  If you ever have to make a payment over the phone again, for whatever reason, and request that they don't keep the info, you can sign into your account afterward and check there to see if there is anything on file for the auto payments.  There should be nothing if they don't keep it.