Hughesnet Community

One last lie by hughesnet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yearg1

One last lie by hughesnet

Finally canceled service, was told by Terry that termination fees would be waived. Just received invoice by email for $345.00! What got waived? My other post was closed, problem solved! Like I said in the other post turn it over to collections because I won't pay for something I never received. This is the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with.
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis3

I do not know what state you are in but in mine a Small Claims Suite against Hughes will prevent the agency from suing you and you may well have a much better chance of winning, you will not be up against an attorney and will be responsible for no legal fees. Give it a look. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi Yearg,

Thank you for you post. We checked with your case manager and he confirmed that he waived your fee. What you see in your email is an automated reply which gives you an overview of your account and what your termination fee should be. However your account will not be charged. You actually have a credit of $29.98 coming back to your account which you should see by Tuesday or Wednesday depending on your bank. Hope this clears up the confusion.

Thank you,
Chris
Yearg1

This is an email confirmation that your HughesNet account ending with xxxxxxx1292 has been closed. Your final Invoice has been generated. For your convenience, you may view your invoice and make payment using this website: http://customercare.myhughesnet.com and click View/Pay My Bill Without Logging In. You will need your account number and zip code to access the website.

I hope what you say is true, if so Thank you.
Yearg1

Two weeks have past and no refund. Just received 2 invoices dated 5/19 and 6/4/2015, second invoice shows the 1st invoice paid, and I owe $275.39. Of course you didn't Mail 6/5/2015 invoice showing you owe me. I wonder how many people pay your bogus bills and never get their refund, seems very deceptive to me. Also UPS tracking shows you received your equipment, so you can't use that as an excuse. This is by far the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Yearg,

Let me clear this up for you. We switched you to invoice billing before we terminated your account. Your account shows that your refund was generated on the 8th and a check was mailed a few days after. So you should be receiving this check by the end of the month if not early july. As I mentioned before your account has zero balance and you do not owe anything. I hope this clears everything up.

Thanks,
Chris