Over Charged

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Countryman
Freshman

Over Charged

So my bill that was due on the 3rd.of this month per the invoice was $72.07. When I started to pay what was due,the payment would not go through because the total due was $77.07 on the hughesnet website. Well I called customer support to let them know that I was trying to pay my bill and that the payment was not going through. And then I was told that I owed the $77.07 and after a few seconds the lady I was speaking with informed me that th $72.07 had gone through and I owed a balance of $5.00. She then asked if I wanted to pay the $5.00 balance over the phone. I agreed to pay the $5.00 balance and nothing more,so that I wouldn't owe any past due charges. Well the next day or so,I noticed on my credit card account that I had been charged $72.07 twice. I called customer service to ask why have I been charged $72.07 twice and I was told that it was a past due charge. Well I tried to explain to the guy that I had paid the $72.07 online and also paid the remaining $5.00 balance over the phone. Which by all rights with what I had already paid should've had me caught up. Well he tells me that he can't refund the addtional $72.07 because it was an past due ammount that I owed. He then tells me that he will discount me $20.00 for the next two months. So with that,how can hughesnet take money that's not owed without consent or authorized by me? The only thing that comes to mind is when I agreed to pay the $5.00 balance over the phone,is when hughesnet got me for the addtional $72.07. How can I get the additional $72.07 refunded? Any help would be appreciated,because I can't get it through to customer support that I want a refund.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Damian

Hello @Countryman,

Thank you for contacting us. I looked into this case extensively and reviewed the call where the second payment took place. It appears you attempted to make a payment of $72.07 before you called in. What I deduce from your case notes is that you did not receive confirmation of this payment right away, which caused you to think it didn't go through and call in. The agent you spoke with informed you a few times that the remaining amount was not due until June, due to the 30 day grace period for being on the invoice option. This was because the payment showed it went through on our side, leaving you with only $77.07 due. Later during the call, you submitted another online payment of $72.07. This essentially meant that you paid both the bill that was due and another bill early, leaving you with exactly $5.00 left. After you called in again and we investigated what happen, we applied a 3-month discount to compensate you for the confusion. In light of this, a refund will not be given. This is because the only payment our representative submitted for you, was for the remaining $5.00 and both amounts you paid on your own would have eventually been due on their respective due dates. 

If you ever decide to pay online again and you believe a payment didn't go through, please call in immediately, before attempting to submit another one. 

-Damian.

View solution in original post

@Countryman,

I definitely understand your complaint regarding online payment submission, as this can sometimes take a while to go through. Our engineers are working hard to improve and optimize this feature every day. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

-Damian 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Damian

Hello @Countryman,

Thank you for contacting us. I looked into this case extensively and reviewed the call where the second payment took place. It appears you attempted to make a payment of $72.07 before you called in. What I deduce from your case notes is that you did not receive confirmation of this payment right away, which caused you to think it didn't go through and call in. The agent you spoke with informed you a few times that the remaining amount was not due until June, due to the 30 day grace period for being on the invoice option. This was because the payment showed it went through on our side, leaving you with only $77.07 due. Later during the call, you submitted another online payment of $72.07. This essentially meant that you paid both the bill that was due and another bill early, leaving you with exactly $5.00 left. After you called in again and we investigated what happen, we applied a 3-month discount to compensate you for the confusion. In light of this, a refund will not be given. This is because the only payment our representative submitted for you, was for the remaining $5.00 and both amounts you paid on your own would have eventually been due on their respective due dates. 

If you ever decide to pay online again and you believe a payment didn't go through, please call in immediately, before attempting to submit another one. 

-Damian.

Alright from now on I'll be sure to call if my payments don't go through. Not trying to sound hateful or griping,but the bill payment feature is kinda slow or doesn't work right sometimes. 

@Countryman,

I definitely understand your complaint regarding online payment submission, as this can sometimes take a while to go through. Our engineers are working hard to improve and optimize this feature every day. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

-Damian 

I understand,I'll have to pay more attention to what I'm doing. I'm glad that I have Hughesnet and happy with my service. Again sorry for sounding like I was complaining!

@Countryman,

I am glad to hear you are happy with your service. We welcome customers like yourself to voice their issues in detail as you did. This helps us deliver information more accurately and resolve things quicker.  If you ever need assistance with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

-Damian