Hughesnet Community

Poor Billing Practices and customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deb Sanford

Poor Billing Practices and customer service

I have never in my life dealt with a company that withdraws the payment from your account on the day they send you your bill, which clearly states the due date is 10 days later, leaving you no time to dispute the charges or make sure you have enough funds in your account.

Also the two times I contacted customer service about this I was lied to or not given all the information. The first time the woman neglected to tell me that they would pro-rate my account because I wanted the payment pulled on the due date not the issue date, but all they did was change my billing period. The second time a different woman said she would send me an email with my invoice 10 days before it was pulled and I never got any email until today when they pulled the funds out of my account. Because of this I incurred $70 in overdraft charges on my bank account and received a measly $30 credit. But the biggest thing is that if you want to cancel your automatic withdrawal (which I never signed up for in the first place) you have to pay an additional $5 a month.

I am very disgusted with this company and their business practices and I will not recommend Hughesnet to anyone.
27 REPLIES 27