Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danielle Nemeth

Poor service

I feel like I've been lied too w there service
30 REPLIES 30
Liz

Good morning Danielle, 

I've requested for another call review to focus on whether our data allowances, our 24 month contract, and our legal site were disclosed on the call. In the meantime, you can review our legal site, which should have also been linked in your welcome/confirmation email after ordering: http://legal.hughesnet.com/

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Danielle Nemeth

I don't recall signing a contract. And you telling me my inquiry for your services was a legal contract?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It is an electronic sign off when the system is installed, the installer should have had you click on something.

Also, in most places these days simply allowing the equipment to be installed and turned on is implicit acceptance of any contract the company might have. Why prior research is so important these days.
Liz

No, merely inquiring about our services doesn't bind you to a contract.

However, if the caller moves forward with purchasing the service, the sales agent discloses our terms and conditions, to which the caller must verbally agree to accept. What finally seals the deal is signing off at the end of installation. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Danielle Nemeth

I'd like to hear the call because I don't recall them stating it would be a 600 termination fee. In addition I they gave me the best services  initially, which I still called and complained about  within the first few weeks.  I also was billed 92 dollars which was not discussed. It was more like 65 dollars

Danielle Nemeth

My Brother in law is an attorney. I'd like him to review the contract.

Danielle Nemeth

Companies should be honest and tell you that the service would cut on and off and that you shouldn't use a vpn, and that you  can't watch videos without it freezing.  Allow them on my property to install  is a contract for excellent service.   

Danielle Nemeth

Can you send me the recording because I dont' recall that the rep read all of these policies verbatim to me over the phone.   

Liz

We cannot send copies of sales calls, but I can have the sales center review your call again to confirm whether the usual disclosures were made at the time of the call. VPN is not part of the disclosure, but rather only discussed if the caller indicates they're working from home. In my initial call review request, I had them check for this and they already confirmed that there was no mention of working from home, which is why VPN was not a topic.

Normally, the ETF is up to $400, max, but in your case, you also purchased HughesNet Voice, which has its own ETF, $240 max: http://legal.hughesnet.com/VoiceServiceAgreement/index.cfm

For your reference, I have e-mailed you the installer reference sheet that John signed after installation was complete.

To help you understand your HughesNet bill, please check out this video we recently made to help clear things up: https://vimeo.com/187378399

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Got a real quick turnaround on the follow-up sales call review:

- The agent does inform the customer disclosures that full terms and conditions are available to read at legal.hughesnet.com.

- The agent discusses the data allowance during the pitch and final terms and conditions.  There is also discussion about data when the agent and customer talk about streaming, when the agent discloses that they can expect up to 15 hours of standard definition streaming a month, and that the service would slow down when the allowance is reached.

- The 24 month agreement and ETF’s are disclosed during the final terms and conditions.  There is no other discussion about the agreement on the call.

- The customer does not mention working from home or using a VPN on the call like she mentioned in her comment. 

-The agent does read all final terms and conditions, including Voice disclosures to the customer at the end of the call.  The only questions the customer has about the T&C’s are the monthly taxes and fees and if they could use their existing dish for the service, both of which the agent clarifies.