REFUND FOR INOPERATIVE SERVICE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m94src
Freshman

REFUND FOR INOPERATIVE SERVICE

I've had Hughesnet for over a month now and it has been so slow that streaming is impossible. I've contacted customer support numerous times to no avail. They have promised that I would get a call from engineering every time but never happens. As you can imagine this whole situation is extremely frustrating.

My system seems to have improved as of last night. At least I was able to actually stream video. I am confident that it won't last but at any rate it is working now. How do I get refunded for the period of time that my system was not working? I was promised unlimited data for the first 20 days which I didn't get as well as being billed for over 1 1/2 months of service that was unusable. From reading the posts on this site I am not optimistic about my chances of getting a refund. Is Hughesnet some kind of scam operation? How do they stay in business with such horrible customer service? You would think that they would be getting sued left and right.

JohnB

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You also contacted support here, and were given the steps to start the process of troubleshooting the issue.  

Yes Gabe and I am following your instructions. I run a speed test every evening and will post the results in a few more days when I accumulate a good record of tests on TestMy.  As I said in the above post I did have one evening when I could stream but only one and none since then. Speeds are fine in the daytime so I doubt there is a problem with my equipment. I wonder if there is simply not enough bandwith available at peak demand times to meet the needs of all the users.