Refer A Friend Program!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StacyPlank
New Poster

Refer A Friend Program!

Why is Refer a Friend so hard?  Do I have to work this hard for $50??  I have someone who was looking for a good internet provider in the area and I refered Hughes Net to her.  She called and the CS rep told her about the refer a friend program and that I should call and get the "code" so we both can get a $50 credit.  I started a chat with Nadia Carter and she said to call 866-293-8945 because she couldnt help me.  She  gave me the info to get to the RAF dashboard but that was it.  Called and was told "wrong number, call 866-347-3292".  Called that number and they had no idea about the RAF program, put me on hold to ask about it.  When she called back she just read me a paper about how to login to the Dashboard.  I was already at that point and she didnt know how to go from there.  Got disconnected and she never called back.   The Dashboard gives NO information on how to use it or refer a friend?  Still have no idea on how to get this "code". 

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for reaching out, we definitely want to help you and your friend take advantage of our Refer a Friend program. I've asked our marketing folks for clarity on this so once I hear back I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I've poked around the RAF dashboard and I believe that whoever wants to get HughesNet should use your referral link to sign up for HughesNet. In the top right corner of your RAF dashboard, there's a "campaign URL" which seems to be your referral link. Potential customers just use that link to order their HughesNet service online.

As far as the six digit code, I'm wondering if that's no longer accurate, as the "mbsy" URL on the left side of the RAF dashboard ends in an eight digit number, at least that's what I'm seeing on my own RAF dashboard.

If you have further questions about the above info, please let me know, otherwise I'll keep you posted on what I find out from marketing.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for your patience. The person who owns Refer a Friend confirmed that the campaign URL is the one to give to folks you'd like to refer to us. Those letters at the end of that URL (should only be 5) is the code one can refer to if calling in to sign up for HughesNet via the Refer a Friend program.

Thank you again for bringing this up, we will update our reference material on this so it goes more smoothly for others. If you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!