Sales Call Review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icyman61
Freshman

Sales Call Review

we recently agreed to sign an agreement with Hughesnet after speaking with several salespeople and reading the webpages such as this one below on this page.

https://www.hughesnet.com/about/hughesnet-gen5

It clearly says I will experience "If you exceed your monthly plan data, you will experience reduced speeds, typically1-3 Mbps, until the next billing cycle."

I am a CISCO engineer who works constantly through the internet. my required speed is around 56kbps. or around 256 kbps for some jobs. I was told repeatedly that when my data plan was used the 20 Gbs no problem my speed would be reduced to 1 to 3 mbps. That 1 MBPS is still acceptable, however since having the internet for 2 months, we have found that even when I disconnected everything, and I use a fresh OS install connected by ethernet we get speeds WAY under 1 mbps.

When I contacted customer support I spent 6 hours of my time-wasting asking for them to check my connection only to have them refer me to the FUA.

I want someone to check our sales call and tell me why we are getting speeds way under 3, or 1 mbps?

20 REPLIES 20
Damian

@icyman61,

Thank you for contacting us. Your grounds for this request are invalid until an actual issue has been determined and documented that conflicts with the information you received on your sales call. There are many things that could be causing slow speeds. Please let me know if you would like me to troubleshoot the service.  

-Damian 

invald?

I was told I would get 1 to 3 MBPS and I am not getting even 1 MBPS! Not even 1/2 MBPS.

So telling me I am going to get 1 to 3 MBPS and me not even receiving half of a Megabyte is not grounds for a sales call review?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Who told you that you were going to get 1-3Mbps?  This is not a guarantee. 

According to the Fair Access Policy, "The speed of the Services may be reduced to as low as or lower than 1 Mbps." (Source:https://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen5.cfm)

icyman61 wrote:

invald?

I was told I would get 1 to 3 MBPS and I am not getting even 1 MBPS! Not even 1/2 MBPS.

So telling me I am going to get 1 to 3 MBPS and me not even receiving half of a Megabyte is not grounds for a sales call review?

@icyman61,

First, I stated that your "equipment" is fully operational. This refers to the equipment such as your radio transmitter and modem, as these are some of the things diagnostics can tell us. Secondly, your signal quality score is around 98. This is about 13 points above what we consider a great signal quality. The site history profile also shows it has been this way for many months. This eliminates an alignment issue as something relevant to your specific issue.

In order to check the weather, we use an internal tool that determines this by accessing your equipment remotely, as well as AccuWeather for confirmation. Both showed heavy cloud coverage at your location and Gateway. This is why I mentioned it. Your gateway is in San Diego, CA. While this location is usually sunny, it has not been for the past few days and looks like it will continue for a few more. This does not always cause an issue but because the speed tests for your account are not working remotely and there are no apparent equipment issues, it is extremely likely the cloud coverage is the cause for our time outs. 

As it stands right now, we have zero proof of your issue without the speed tests requested. I cannot launch an investigation without proof and documentation of your issue, especially if the reason for the sales call review is related to the amount of throttled speed you should be receiving. If you were misinformed about something else, not related to this at all, I could launch the investigation right away. This usually takes a full business week to complete. If this is the case, please provide a detailed explanation of something else you were misinformed on. If you are still planning to provide the speed test results that have been requested, I will be awaiting your results tomorrow and the original procedure will be followed as stated.   

-Damian 

"I cannot launch an investigation without proof and documentation of your issue, especially if the reason for the sales call review is related to the amount of throttled speed you should be receiving. "

so the fact that I was told I should receive 1 to 3 mbps after my data was used up is not an issue that is relevant?

That statement is why I purchased Hughes net.

Yet everyone seems to be saying it doesn't matter if the sale rep misrepresented that, it's ok if that's misrepresented.

Am i reading you correctly?

GabeU

@icyman61 wrote:

"I cannot launch an investigation without proof and documentation of your issue, especially if the reason for the sales call review is related to the amount of throttled speed you should be receiving. "

so the fact that I was told I should receive 1 to 3 mbps after my data was used up is not an issue that is relevant? 

He needs speed test results to show that you aren't getting what you were told you would.

I understand you're frustrated, but you're making this much harder than it needs to be.  In the very first reply to your issue on your first thread I stated that they will need speed test results to move forward, and I gave the link to the instructions for those tests.  That hasn't changed.

The sales rep I spoke with and the webpage as i pointed out earlier. Im getting slower than 256kbps

maratsade

The webpage says that speeds are "typically" 1-3 Mbps.  There is no speed guarantee. 

I still think your sales call should be reviewed if it's available. 

icyman61 wrote:

The sales rep I spoke with and the webpage as i pointed out earlier. Im getting slower than 256kbps

@icyman61,

The information our Champions have provided is all correct. At the end of the day, our goal is to help you with your issue but there are certain protocols that must be followed, especially when launching an investigation. I have every intention of doing this after a technical issue has been determined and documented. 

In order to proceed, please private message me the phone number associated with your account. We are normally able to locate this information on our own, however, it appears your Community account does not have a SAN attached. This will not be a problem, it just requires an extra step which is for you to provide the account information privately.

-Damian  

@icyman61,

Thank you for providing me this information. I was able to locate the account. After running diagnostics, it appears the equipment is fully operational, however, we are unable to run a remote speed test due to frequent time outs. This could be due to the fact that both your site location and Gateway location are experiencing heavy cloud coverage at the moment. This can interfere with the signal and our remote tools as well. In the meantime, I would like to get your speeds documented before I begin reviewing the sales call. Also, once I launch the investigation, I will be listening for guarantees of speed or any other misinformation that may have been stated. 

In regards to running the speed test on testmy.net, here are the instructions below: 

Please do these tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (wifi must be disabled*, NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used for testing) -use the 25MB size download test file ONLY.

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file

-space each test at least 5 minutes apart

-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in-depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://hninfo.us/speedtest *If you don't know how to disable the wifi in the HT2000W, read "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf

Click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, 5Ghz Guest).

-Damian 

sunny day, no clouds, I suggest you have one of the technicians use BirDog, I cant run test now.

But the issues your having show you that there is a site problem..

Have a tech use BirDog.

GabeU

@icyman61 

First, as you'll note, Damian mentioned your gateway when referring to the weather.  Bad weather at your gateway can affect your service just like weather at your own location.  When the weather is clear, Damian (or any other rep here) will be able to remotely see if your dish is out of alignment and whether a tech visit will be needed.  

Secondly, BirdDog was a customer, not a HughesNet employee.  He's no longer a HughesNet customer and no longer posts on this Community.

he said and I quote "This could be due to the fact that both your site location and Gateway location are experiencing heavy cloud coverage at the moment. This can interfere with the signal and our remote tools as well. "

Both, my site was good, sunny clear skies, so that variable is out of the question.

I bet if you would tell me where the Gateway is, It had clear skies too. I would bet you money. And I would check it! Instead of just saying a possible cloud cover!

When I said have a technician use "BirDog" I am talking about a tool that runs around 750 to 1200 dollars.

http://www.birdog.tv/default.aspx?page=12

https://www.amazon.com/Birdog-USB-Plus-Satellite-Compatible/dp/B001IX00XU

Instead of everyone trying to Bully me, or take up for each other, or talk down to me, why not look at the real problem, which is most likely a misaligned dish. This is why I called originally, but instead of fixing the issue they gave us more tokens, then said too bad, look t the agreement, not try to really help. But taking up for all their other coworkers whether they are correct or not, right or wrong.

AND look into the fact the sales rep and the webpages state that I was going to get around 1 to 3 MBPS after my data was out. But now I am told no that not true!

Now within minutes one of you is going to come back to give some illogical explanation for whatever, in an attempt to say the problem is something else.

I believe if Hughes net sends a knowledgable technician who is not lazy and will climb to the dish, run diagnostics or maybe use a meter like BirDog they will surely find my dish is out of alignment.

GabeU

@icyman61 

I wasn't referring to your home location, but your gateway.  I assumed my reply made that evident.  And I have no idea where your gateway is.

And I'm sure that the rep and/or tech will use whatever equipment and software is applicable.  They've been doing this for a little while, so they have what they need.  

I'm not going to argue with you, nor bother to further try to help you, as you evidently already know better than everyone else.  Good luck with that, and good luck to you.

Bird dog meters do not work on Hughesnet systens for pointing a dish. Superbuddy does make one.. But they are not has acurate has or own meters.  The rep can tell from running there tests if the dish is out of alignment.. It is called a OVT. Test  And I am sure they have already run that for you.. That is why they need you to do tthese tests..

ok, they have not used a meter at my house.,

At least we are getting somewhere. Someone at least knows the correct meter to use, now if we can get a tech to my house to use the OVT, my issues would be resolved.

Oh and guess what else instead of arguing with the customer, you make the customer happy because they get the service they were promised.

Still no word on the sales call where i was told I would get 1 to 3 mbps when my data was used, you're sidestepping around that elephant in the room.

GabeU

@icyman61 wrote:

Still no word on the sales call where i was told I would get 1 to 3 mbps when my data was used, you're sidestepping around that elephant in the room.

No one is "sidestepping" any "elephant in the room."  Call reviews can take up a week to complete.  

Hey Gabe, Im not trying to be irritating, but this started weeks ago.

The tech came to my house and made false statements about networking thinking I was your average consumer.

I don't know it all, but I do know security, networking, and WIFI is not secure, and me running a VPN through my internet causes no problems with my signal.

Additionally, he refused to check the antenna alignment, he did not want to climb the ladder, he did not even bring a ladder. He said all the problems were the modem/router. HE changed it out and left, I had the exact same problems after he left. I called in and have been given the run around ever since.

It's frustrating as a consumer, no one will have a tech come out, only tell me I'm getting what I should even though it's not 1 to 3 mbps, and then justifying every saying its all in the fair use docs, look at legal docs. I just want my internet fixed, which means tech is going to have to adjust the antenna but we can waste my time, your time and everyone here keeps attacking me, not resolving the problems I have.

I just want to watch tv, work, live in peace not argue with people who are paid to post on a forum, trying to make me look importunate.

I am simply reporting a tech who wouldn't do his job, a customer service agent who was rude and wouldn't do her job, and then report a salesman who gave me misleading information. I am trying to let you all know so the company can fix these training issues, so this doesn't happen to other customers.

When Damian runs his tests it is the OVT test. When the tech goes out there he runs it from his phone. It tells us what the signal level is. And the average at that exact time in your area. So we now if the signal level is off. No need to go up if you now it is good. Damian needs your speed tests to show if there is a problem. If there is  he will launch a investigation..  Right now it is just you saying it isn't right.. It could be your computer causing the issue.. Run the speed tests...

GabeU

@icyman61 

My suggestion for requesting a sales call review was because of what you stated you were told during that call.  Unfortunately, the request here also included unrelated information that muddled the reason for the request.  No web pages have anything to do with this sales call review request.  So, if I can make a suggestion, here's an example of what a sales call request should be, using your given info and describing the specific reason for the request....

"I'd like to request a sales call review.  During that call I was assured that I would receive speeds of between 1 and 3Mbps when I ran out of data, and I'm not getting those speeds.  I'm instead getting speeds of around 90Kbps and 180Kbps.  When I called about not receiving the speeds I was told I would they said that there was nothing that could be done, as speeds are not guaranteed.  Because of this discrepancy I'd like to have the call reviewed."   

Also, keep in mind that only the actual call in which the sale was made is recorded and applicable to this review request.