Sales call review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgleason62
Freshman

Sales call review

I would like a rep to do a sales call review on my account. I was told we would have no problems streaming video and all it does and has done from day one is buffer. It takes us 3 hrs to watch an 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr movie or show. It doesn't matter where we are in our monthly data allotment it buffers and it doesn't matter what definition be it High Def or Standard Def it buffers. It also doesn't matter if we try during normal hours or during bonus hours it still buffers all of the time. We lose more data buffering than actually watching anything. We even use a wired connection and the connection constantly drops in and out. We use an Amazon Firestick 4k and never had this issue with Frontier when we had them in Iowa. When I go to my network settings it says I have excellent signal but no wired connection and if I switch to wifi is shows excellent signal but no connection.
We also get pop ups if we turn the wifi on using our phones saying wifi unavailable yet it shows excellent signal. I am writing this using my cell phone's data because after at least a half an hour of trying to connect to this site on wifi I gave up.
Like I said, this has gone on from day one and that was well before this COVID-19 crap started. We are definitely not happy and very disappointed. We would have been just as well off getting Centurylink @ 3mbps because this feels like the old dial up. If I had known it was going to be this bad, I wouldn't have gone through with the order. I feel we were misled by the salesperson on what we were getting and now we ate stuck for almost two years with crap internet and can't stream anything.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have access to CenturyLink?  Even though slower, DSL, being terrestrial, will have minimal latency. Satellite has high latency, so though faster, it will seem slower, so if DSL is available to you, it might be a better option for you. 

In any case, if your sales call is available, the HughesNet reps on this site can pull it and review it to see if the sales person set the proper expectations.  The process can take up to 7 business days, and the rep will send you a private message with the results of the investigation. 

View solution in original post

Liz

Hi Bgleason62,

Thank you for your patience while your sales call request was reviewed. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have access to CenturyLink?  Even though slower, DSL, being terrestrial, will have minimal latency. Satellite has high latency, so though faster, it will seem slower, so if DSL is available to you, it might be a better option for you. 

In any case, if your sales call is available, the HughesNet reps on this site can pull it and review it to see if the sales person set the proper expectations.  The process can take up to 7 business days, and the rep will send you a private message with the results of the investigation. 

Liz

Hi Bgleason62,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Bgleason62,

Thank you for your patience while your sales call request was reviewed. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz