Hughesnet Community

Sales call

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucy3900

Sales call

I opened a Hughes Net account in January. and wished to cancel it in May.  Was told I had an early cancellation fee.  I do not intend to pay such a fee, as I was never informed there would be such.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

By opening an account with Hughesnet you are legally bound by the service agreement (see http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm), which explains there is a service termination fee. It is your responsibility as a consumer to make sure you know what you're getting into. 

If your sales call is still available, the Hughesnet reps on this site can pull it and verify what you were told regarding the termination fee. 

Liz

Hi Lucy3900,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm glad you found us, thank you for posting. We can certainly look into this for you, keep in mind that since your order was a little over a half a year ago, I can't guarantee that the sales call will be available for review. Also, what maratsade stated is true, all information about the HughesNet service is available on our website, and typically provided during the final disclosures at the end of a sales call. 

Once I have any updates regarding your sales call review request, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Lucy3900,

Thank you for your patience while your case was investigated.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!