Hughesnet Community

See my bill BEFORE it is taken from my credit card

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzwalla2

See my bill BEFORE it is taken from my credit card

Please give me access to my bill to review before you take it from my credit card.  You are the only company in the US that will not allow me to see my bill before I have to pay it.  I have spoken to customer service (the Philipinos) for years about this issue & they tell me it cannot be done.  Your process of taking my money before I get to know how much you are going to take is just plain WRONG.

I have not, nor will I ever recommend your company to anyone.  I yearn for the day to have the option to use another internet provider!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I have been with HughesNet for over 13 years. In that time the default payment setup was to have a credit card or bank checking/debit account on file.

In that time they have always charged auto-draft accounts at the time of bill generation.

You do have the option of viewing your bill before it is generated. You will find those charges under the heading of Pending Charges.

You have yet another option. You can go to Invoice Billing. There is a charge of $5.00 per month for this type of billing. Better that you look at it as Hughes gives an automatic $5 discount to those pay by auto-draft.

With Invoice Billing you will have a "bill generation" date, a paper bill that is mailed to you and a traditional "due date".

But again, in answer to your question of "See my bill before ......"

EDIT:

Link to MyAccount page:

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

Screenshot depicting Pending Charges link:

Pending.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hughes charges your  on file method of payment when the bill is generated. You may be able  to see your impending bill on the myAccount page under 'pending' charges.

You have the option of going to Invoice Billing for an additional $5 monthly charge.

I have not heard of enrolling customers in autopay just because they save their card information.  I also believe that Hughes Net would do well to explicitly tell people about this.  My account has now been almost overdrafted because I did not know my bill amount was going to be taken out without my specific authorization/action.  The customer service representative informed me that he would not be able to refund the money to me.  I will enter credit card manually each month if it means that this hassle can be avoided.  I am displeased with the response I had to this problem; it was not very customer service focused.  

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@KWilson wrote:

I have not heard of enrolling customers in autopay just because they save their card information.  I also believe that Hughes Net would do well to explicitly tell people about this.

They do. Read the contract.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I have been with HughesNet for over 13 years. In that time the default payment setup was to have a credit card or bank checking/debit account on file.

In that time they have always charged auto-draft accounts at the time of bill generation.

You do have the option of viewing your bill before it is generated. You will find those charges under the heading of Pending Charges.

You have yet another option. You can go to Invoice Billing. There is a charge of $5.00 per month for this type of billing. Better that you look at it as Hughes gives an automatic $5 discount to those pay by auto-draft.

With Invoice Billing you will have a "bill generation" date, a paper bill that is mailed to you and a traditional "due date".

But again, in answer to your question of "See my bill before ......"

EDIT:

Link to MyAccount page:

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

Screenshot depicting Pending Charges link:

Pending.PNG

You would think however, I have yet to see anything under "Pending Charges" prior to the day they charge me. I've even checked daily up until that date and even the day before charged, there is nothing there for me which is pretty odd.

In my experience, "Pending Charges" is always $0 until the date of bill generation, which is also the day the money is charged to your card.  (It's $0 even in the screen shot posted as a "solution" to this question.)

So it looks like there really is no way to see how much your bill will be before they charge you.

Your bill will always be the same unless you make changes to your service plan level or purchase tokens. Those items will be listed under pending charges. Clicking on the words Pending Charges will provide details of those charges.