Hughesnet Community

Service cancelled 6/29/17 2 weeks later and numerous calls to service and still no return box

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ridenstyl
New Poster

Service cancelled 6/29/17 2 weeks later and numerous calls to service and still no return box

We have had Hughes net for almost 7 years. Have ALWAYS paid our bills on time that's why it is so frustrating to cancel service  on 6/12/17 (case# 104437330)and effective 6/29/17 and almost 2 weeks later and still no box to return the leased equipment. I called 7/8/17 (case#104881893) as I was concerned I had not gotten my box to return yet told to call back after Monday business if I had still not received. 7/11/17 (case#104937843) UPS goes down my road and still no return box. I call and this time am told the box was created on 6/29/17. I asked where it was I have not received. He says after having me on hold for 20 minutes.there is no tracking for that box so he is going to create me another and I will have in 5 business days. I have no idea if this was actually done as I am losing faith in Hughes net. I am extremely concerned because my 45 days to return is ticking down quickly. I do not want to be charged $300 for not returning my equiptment when it is clearly not my fault as I have not received a box to return. On all 3 of my calls I also mentioned my email on the account is wrong and I have been unable to update on my end as the system gives an error message every time. Each of the reps I talked to assured me they were updating it which is not true as the account information page still has the wrong email and my phone number is wrong. So I have received no emails regarding cancellation or on these boxes that were supposedly created to send my equiptment back in. 

13 REPLIES 13
Liz

Good morning Ridenstyl,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting and sharing your case numbers. I'll pull up your account to investigate so we be sure to get the return kit to you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz for looking into this for us. It is much appreciated

You're welcome, Ridenstyl.

I do apologize for this unusual delay, by the end of this week your lease return kit will be shipped. It may be sent as soon as tomorrow, but to be on the safe side let's give it until Friday. I will check on your RMA status tomorrow (and Friday if needed) and private message you with your tracking number as soon as I see it.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Awesome! Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it!

I will watch for your message regarding the tracking!

Hi Ridenstyl,

I've been checking on your RMA status throughout the day and no tracking yet. To be cautious, I've also escalated your case to make sure your RMA is still scheduled to be addressed and shipped out soon.

Hi Liz,

thank you for the update and your help!

I really appreciate it!

Good morning Ridenstyl,

Your return kit was shipped last night. I'll PM you the UPS tracking number.

Hi Liz,

My return box finally arrived today thanks to you and your help.My husband is up on the roof right now taking the parts off so I can get this to UPS. My concern is there is a letter in the box and it says this equiptment needs returned within 21 days of the end of my service  to Hughes net. That is Thursday which is in 3 days. When I cancelled they told me 45 days which is 8/13/2017. It is clearly not my fault this equiptment is not back already as you had to process this to even get me a kit. I am concerned they are going to try and charge me $300 now. I am taking this equiptment to the UPS store down the road tomorrow. So hopefully it will be back and processed very soon.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Thank you so much I actually shipped the equiptment last night(7/17/17) before UPS closed. I tracked it this morning  and it is due to be delivered to Hughes net 7/19/17. I have a receipt here with the correct weight (almost 7 pounds not 2 as return label says),date and tracking number if you need it also.

Thank you for all your help in getting this equiptment returned and processed

Thanks for the update, Ridenstyl! Glad you received the box. Please don't hesitate to post back if you have additional concerns so I can take care of them for you.

Hi Liz,

I just got an email from UPS that Hughes Net is shipping me a return kit? My last name is spelled wrong but it is my address so I believe they are sending me another kit.  Not sure if this is the one that was supposedly generated on June 29 when my service cancelled or what?

the email says the kit is due to arrive to me Thursday. I do not need this kit as you got a kit to me and I have returned my equiptment.  Hopefully this doesn't confuse my return now with them?

Hi Ridenstyl,

Thank you for this heads up. Since you've already sent in your equipment, we're good. I would like to keep any eye on the status of your equipment. Can you please PM me your tracking number for the shipped kit? If this latest UPS email has another tracking number for you, please PM that as well so I can close out that duplicate RMA.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.