Steaming issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salem0615
New Poster

Steaming issues

I have not been happy with the service since we have gotten it. I have a Firestick and do not even bother using it as streaming anything takes forever and during the show it starts streaming multiple times. 

Now when I watch Netflix on my tablet the show starts fine and then midway through it will stream on and off and  then I lose connectiviity altogether.

I feel like I am paying a lot for very little. I am not sure what to do. 

When my contact is over I don't think I will continue. If I could afford to cancel now I would.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you'd like help finding a solution to your streaming problems, please post under Tech Support.  If you're just complaining to let everyone know you're unhappy or because you want to vent, there may not be much anyone can do for you.  It's up to you to be proactive about your system and find solutions to its problems.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee; I'm a customer, just like you.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@salem0615

Though, as mentioned, you should definitely repost your question in Tech Support, have you tried turning off (or pausing) the Video Data Saver?  The VDS deliberately throttles your service while streaming, so if your streaming requires a higher speed than the VDS throttle speed you're going to experience buffering.  

What is Video Data Saver?  

Liz

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!