Hughesnet Community

The data I have used is inconsistent with what the app and website show as used/available.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beamsbox
New Poster

The data I have used is inconsistent with what the app and website show as used/available.

I have spent hours with support, each time (3 times this morning) I got disconnected after about 30 minutes of being on the phone. Even after explaining this to each representative, and specifically asking them to call me back if it happens, each time nobody calls. Frankly, HughesNet has very bad customer service. I have been given incorrect answers again and again this morning, and have to ask again and again in various ways to show the person that what they have told me is incorrect.

The last guy I just talked to actually told me he doesn't see the problem if the Bonus Zone Data doesn't match what the monitoring tools in the app and on the website tell me. If I get extra free data, who cares? But as a paying customer, how can I trust that the data I am paying for is being monitored correctly if they can't get the free stuff monitored correctly?

I was also told that the website was outside his 'scope of work' and that he couldn't do anyting about it. (Waited to be transferred to a supervisor.... surprise surprise.... disconnect.)

I am not sure how a business is run this way.

However, as to the problem - 

I would like to know where I stand every day - how much data have I used, how much do I have left, as advertised by HughesNet app and website monitoring tools. However, I am experiencing inconsistencies in the data shown in the monitoring tools in both the app and website. For example, on Dec. 26th, I woke up at 2 am and downloaded about 26 GB of data until 8 am. (Notice these are the Bonus Zone Data hours.) However, the app says that I still have 46 GB left to use out of a total of 50 GB. (50 minus 26 does not equal 46.)

Now, when I call in to the customer service department they can tell me exactly how much data I used between specific hours. They verified that about 26 GB of data was used between 2am and 8 am. They see the problem and decide to contact the Advanced Technical Support department - then I get disconnected and no one calls me back.

I contact the Technical Support Department - they cant see the hourly breakdown and so have no way to verify the problem even exists. They simply confirmed again and again that I have 46 GB of bonus zone data left. Transfer to supervisor... disconnect.

...repeat...

Please don't apologize to me. I have received more than enough apologies from HughesNet this morning. What I want is a solution. I want to know that the data I am using and/or paying for is being counted and charged correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Are you within the first 20 days of your account subscription?

Nope. About 4 months.

maratsade

Hm, there goes that theory, then.

I hope that a HN rep on this site can look into this for you and get you some help.  

beamsbox,

I see it's your first time here, welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! It seems we have a very interesting case on our hands here, and I'd love to look into it a bit more. Please send me a private message with your account number or a phone number attached to it at this link!

Thanks,

Remy

beamsbox, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@beamsbox wrote:

For example, on Dec. 26th, I woke up at 2 am and downloaded about 26 GB of data until 8 am. (Notice these are the Bonus Zone Data hours.) However, the app says that I still have 46 GB left to use out of a total of 50 GB. (50 minus 26 does not equal 46.)

I want to know where I can sign up for that problem!  J/K.  😁