Tokens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsNoName
Sophomore

Tokens

This is the second time Hughesnet has emailed me about a special offer on data tokens.  The email says these are the prices:

Hughesnet 1.png

I follow the instructions, both clicking on the links ot purchase and going to Usage, then purchase tokens, and this is what is offered:

Hughesnet 2.PNG

These 2 don’t match.  There is nothing in the purchase process to suggest the final result will be different than this second view of offerings.  I'm not going to go ahead and then have to argue about it later.

What am I missing????  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MrsNoName 

The sale prices are never reflected on the normal data token page.  The extra data from the sale can take a few days to be added, but it is added automatically.  

View solution in original post

maratsade

The email says to allow up to 5 days for the tokens to be applied.  Since the regular tokens are applied pretty much within seconds (this has always been the same in my experience), perhaps the wording could be tweaked a bit to indicate that the extra tokens will take a bit longer to land. I wonder if the extra tokens are applied manually?

FWIW, the last time I bought tokens during a sale was in December 2020, and it took 3 days for the extra tokens to be applied.  I just bought some tokens to add to my stash, and the main amount was delivered within seconds as usual. I imagine the rest will be there  soon. 

@MrsNoName , if you buy tokens during the sale and don't get the extra ones within 5 days, you can always come back here and notify the mods. They'll fix the issue lickety-split. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU

@MrsNoName 

The sale prices are never reflected on the normal data token page.  The extra data from the sale can take a few days to be added, but it is added automatically.  

Thanks for the quick reply, GabeU.  Hughesnet could make that clearer, I think.

maratsade

The email says to allow up to 5 days for the tokens to be applied.  Since the regular tokens are applied pretty much within seconds (this has always been the same in my experience), perhaps the wording could be tweaked a bit to indicate that the extra tokens will take a bit longer to land. I wonder if the extra tokens are applied manually?

FWIW, the last time I bought tokens during a sale was in December 2020, and it took 3 days for the extra tokens to be applied.  I just bought some tokens to add to my stash, and the main amount was delivered within seconds as usual. I imagine the rest will be there  soon. 

@MrsNoName , if you buy tokens during the sale and don't get the extra ones within 5 days, you can always come back here and notify the mods. They'll fix the issue lickety-split. 

Thanks for the update, @maratsade .  The regular tokens were, as you say, applied within seconds.

I will certainly come back here if the others don't show up within 5 days.

It was December that I last had this problem.  I raised a question direct to Hughesnet and got some stock answer that didn't even address the problem.  I'm glad I tried the Community this time!

maratsade

"I raised a question direct to Hughesnet and got some stock answer that didn't even address the problem. "

I think sometimes communication between departments is not very good...this is an annoying feature of corporations, in my experience (I work with corporations for a living).  I also think the phone reps might be very limited in what they can say and do.

Glad you found the community -- the reps here are very good at hunting down info, and since they're located at Corporate, they may even be able to walk to another office to ask, as opposed to some poor phone rep who may not have been updated info. 

maratsade

I hope you got the extra tokens, @MrsNoName . I bought tokens on Wednesday and got the extra ones a few mintues ago. 

Thanks for checking @maratsade .  So far, no bonus tokens.  I will let you know when I see them.  Also if there is still nothing in a couple more days.

maratsade

Check your email too.  I got an email with the subject line "Your additional HughesNet Data Token has been applied." 

Thanks again, @maratsade .  Still no bonus tokens.  4 days and counting....

maratsade

They say up to 5 days but don't clarify whether these are regular days or business days. If business, the 5th day would be next week. 

Got them!  I just checked my Status Meter and the bonus tokens are showing.  

Thank you @GabeU and @maratsade for helping me with this process.