Trying to cancel service, my emails to Hughesnet go unanswered

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huckleberry707
New Poster

Trying to cancel service, my emails to Hughesnet go unanswered

I am trying to cancel my service which began on December 13, 2018. I've emailed customer support multiple times and have not gotten a response.

6 REPLIES 6
CnNature
Freshman

I haven't been able to get any profile, billing, info for several weeks! I also get no response from 2 letters I've written, Over Christmas my time and speed didn't fit to my use, and a 1 mb speed instead of 10!  Hughesnet used to be an ok service, member since 2012, in the past few months i am totally questioning this company, are they being hacked by the cryptocurrancies crowd?  I also do not like that they are empowered by Google on their home web page, Google spies on you as a browser.

venting because too many issues lately and no decent response.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CnNature

Please start a new post for your issue.  If can log onto the HughesNet MyAccount site but are not able to see any of your info, please start the post in Tech Support, as this is a tech support issue.  If you cannot log onto the site at all, please start a new post in the same Tech Support section.  

As for the HughesNet home page, you don't have to use the search box if you don't feel comfortable with it being powered by Google.  The rest of the site has nothing to do with Google.  

Thanks,

Appreciate your input.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You're welcome.  And I apologize if I sounded a little short.  I'm very tired and should have already gone to bed.  😛 

Amanda

Hi huckleberry707,

Sorry about that, you should have received a reply within 24 hours. Regardless, the only way to cancel an account is to have the account holder call us at 1-866-347-3292 and initiate the cancellation over the phone

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda, people work. Also because of lack of follow through from companies and customers it is always best to have all things in writing as back up. Many people have issues that cannot be fixed and should not be held to early termination fees. So we have emailed and will call. But you must acknowledge and respond to emails at all times. Why is their not a simple email address? I followed all prompts and sent email only to have the page come up as not their anymore. Seriously you are a technology business. Unacceptable truly.