Hughesnet Community

Trying to find plan upgrades available, but nothing shows???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larrykelly
Junior

Trying to find plan upgrades available, but nothing shows???

[removed pic for privacy]

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

larrykelly,

Hopefully someone will have an answer for you soon.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  I the meantime, you may be able to at least see what's available to you by going to their regular site for plans.  https://www.hughesnet.com/

With regard to the graphic, though, it's not a good idea to post something as private as your home address on a public forum.  

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The entire Gen5 J-2 system is not being turned on at one time. Instead beams are coming online in .... some kind of order.

It may be that you are not showing an upgrade path because the beam serving your location has not yet been activated.

I would have at least though other GEN 4 plan would have popped up. I included the address because I thought it might be relevant. With Google or even a phone book it's not terribly private. Perhaps you're right though.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I called HughesNet today. Surprisingly they got me scheduled for a GEN 5 installation the day after tomorrow!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@larrykelly wrote:

I called HughesNet today. Surprisingly they got me scheduled for a GEN 5 installation the day after tomorrow!

You lucky bugger!  LOL.  I've got to wait until March 30th.  😞  

Upgrade to GEN-5 went smoothly though the technician said he had to replace the dish because it was bent. I had it for years.

Speed test: DOWNLOAD SPEED: 45.93 Mbps 

I'm on BEAM 67.

I'm in SE Ohio. Was told northern Ohio wasn't ready as not everything has been activated.