Hughesnet Community

Unable to disconnect account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jellib15

Unable to disconnect account

I have tried unsuccessfully to disconnect my account for over two weeks. From being hung up on to being told the system was down. I have also submitted emails only to be told I would need to call. I am beyond frustrated and I am no considering legal action. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Cancellation can only be done by phone, 866-347-3292. You may want to try in the morning, as they're likely to be less busy. You can also try 877-329-1403. Either way, plan for long waits and be patient, as pandemic-related issues have affected call centers everywhere, not just at HughesNet. 

The only legal action available is arbitration. To learn the procedure, see the subscriber agreement:  https://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Jellib15 wrote:
I have tried unsuccessfully to disconnect my account for over two weeks. From being hung up on to being told the system was down. I have also submitted emails only to be told I would need to call. I am beyond frustrated and I am no considering legal action. Any help would be appreciated.

ken21457
New Poster

Same issue. They don’t want to release you from your commitment even though the service fluctuations continually
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Absurd.  If you want to cancel your account, call. Call in the morning, when they're less busy. 

ken21457 wrote:
Same issue. They don’t want to release you from your commitment even though the service fluctuations continually

ken,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy