Unethical Treatment When Cancelling Account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanMoeller
New Poster

Unethical Treatment When Cancelling Account

I need to speak to someone who can help me. I was a business account with Hughesnet and after getting fed up with the horrible customer service and the (oh well what are you going to do attitude), I went to cancel my account. I have already filed a complaint with the and now I am reaching out here. After several reported calls of trying to get the service to work, I called in today to cancel. The first customer service rep told me that "he doesn't care" why I'm wanting to cancel my account, and said he would transfer me over to account management? Well that rep picked up and I asked to to cancel the account because I never got the service promised to me when signing up. It was slow, it would time out and was never reliable. He said he would cancel it but not waive the 798.00 dollar fee. I asked to speak to someone who would listen to me and he said "yeah sure, I can find someone for you to talk to, but they aren't going to waive the fee! " Since when does customer service speak to people this way? I lost so much time messing with Hughesnet customer service trying to get my service right, lost accounts because of it, and then he is gonna talk to me like **bleep**? No. I want someone to fix this, waive the fee, and if possible, the last bill. This is ridiculous. I am not afraid to keep going up either, as I also not afraid of the media. I will tell everyone I know to never do business with Hughesnet!
5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Hello Ryan, I appreciate you reaching out to us here and sincerely apologize for your experience. We take things like this very seriously and will investigate this interaction. I have located your account, will begin looking into this immediately, as well as find an agreeable resolution for you regarding the cancellation of your account. Your patience is appreciated. Thank you, Amanda

Any updates?
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RyanMoeller 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so you won't hear anything from Amanda until at least tomorrow.  It may also take a little longer than normal due to this Community, and the reps who monitor it, being primarily for residential account holders.  

Rest assured, though.  She'll reply when she has some information for you.

Ryan,

I've downloaded the recent calls and listened to a couple but did not hear any statement like this from the agent. This is in regard to the agent you spoke with yesterday 5/28 around 2:45PM EST? 

Hi Ryan,

We did not hear back from you with the information requested and it has been quite some time. When you do have the opportunity to followup, please send me a private message. 

Thank you

Amanda