Cancelled service, still charged

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml_tl_wallace19
Freshman

Cancelled service, still charged

Over one year ago I cancelled my service.  Evidently the outsourced customer service rep misunderstood my request and put my account into a "suspended" status and began charging me again 6 months later.  When contacting support, they claimed I agreed to the suspended status because it is documented and that they would not refund any charges.  Now, call me crazy, but when you are talking to someone who is not native to your language, they can hear and document whatever they want, but that doesn't mean it's what you said.  I'm still being billed and getting letters from the credit department about my "overdue" bill.  Yet a third call to their support department still gives me no results, and a rude, insulting "supervisor" who tried to use an American accent when I asked to be transferred to the United States.  He basically inplied I was being dishonest.  This is the worst customer service I have every encountered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ml_tl_wallace19,

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet staff on this site are usually here M-F, 9-5.  Please give them some time to review your account and get back to you.

Thank you, that would be greatly appreciated.  

Hi ml_tl_wallace19,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about this, we can certainly look into this for you. Please give me some time to investigate what happened and I'll post back once I have an update for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi ml_tl_wallace19,

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thank you, Liz!  Everything is finally (I think...fingers crossed) fixed.  I appreciate your help so much!

You're welcome ml_tl_wallace19! Reach out again if you have any other concerns, we're here to help.