Usage graph wildly inaccurate???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xpnctoc
New Poster

Usage graph wildly inaccurate???

New here. Got my service connected 3 days ago. So far, I am VERY concerned about what seems to be a lack of accurate data metering. After 3 days, the circle graph on the Android app shows I have used 0.1 GB for the 3 days... The website disagrees and actually says I have used 0.2 GB. But if I go to the history graph on the website my day-by-day usage is:

July 2: 1 GB down, 83.2 MB up

July 3: 1.2 GB down, 402 MB up

July 4 as of 3:20pm: 51 MB down, 402 MB up

1 GB + 1.2 GB + 51 MB + 83 MB + 402 MB + 402 MB = 3.138 GB. So why does circle graph say I've only used 0.2 GB? Also, my usage pattern both yesterday and today was basically the same... between my son and I we watched about 2 hours of YouTube, plus I did some online shopping. I can't image how the download data dropped from 1.2 GB to 51 MB between yesterday and today for virtually the same amount of activity. Do I just not understand how the metering works? Does anyone else have a problem with metering?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

@xpnctoc 

If you just signed up, your usage will refresh periodically for the first 20 days as part of a shakeout period. during this period, your usage will be erased and you will show the maximum amount of your plan. After the 20 days are over, you will see more accurate results.

Since this is how it works for people in their first 20 days and not after 3 months, I don't see how it's even possible that @ballast has the same problem, despite the claim.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballast
New Poster

I have similar problems - although my usage habits have not changed over the last two years, in the last few months the usage has gotten much worse. It sometimes shows 5 GB download or more in an evening. Where my data plan time used to last 3 weeks or more, it now gets used in a couple of weeks and last month it only lasted about 1 week. And at the same time, the Hughes Meter has stopped working (for the third time). I use an independent app (Glasswire) to monitor my Internet traffic and it does not indicate the traffic the Hughes Meter shows when it is working.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What exactly are you trying to work on here? This is a tech support site, so you will need to

[1] start your own ticket by going to the Tech Support page and clicking on "Start a topic"

[2] Explain the situation clearly

[3] Provide evidence in the form of screenshots of where you are seeing what you claim.

ballast wrote:

I have similar problems - although my usage habits have not changed over the last two years, in the last few months the usage has gotten much worse. It sometimes shows 5 GB download or more in an evening. Where my data plan time used to last 3 weeks or more, it now gets used in a couple of weeks and last month it only lasted about 1 week. And at the same time, the Hughes Meter has stopped working (for the third time). I use an independent app (Glasswire) to monitor my Internet traffic and it does not indicate the traffic the Hughes Meter shows when it is working.

MarkJFine
Professor

@xpnctoc 

If you just signed up, your usage will refresh periodically for the first 20 days as part of a shakeout period. during this period, your usage will be erased and you will show the maximum amount of your plan. After the 20 days are over, you will see more accurate results.

Since this is how it works for people in their first 20 days and not after 3 months, I don't see how it's even possible that @ballast has the same problem, despite the claim.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine  wrote: Since this is how it works for people in their first 20 days and not after 3 months, I don't see how it's even possible that ballast has the same problem, despite the claim.

Ballast seems to be randomly posting under other people's tickets/threads and so far his/her issues have nothing to do with the OP's.  Hopefully ballast will open his/her own ticket to get tech support and stop piggybacking on other people's tickets.