Very Dissapointed, not concerned in the slightest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfdillingham
New Poster

Very Dissapointed, not concerned in the slightest

I have had HughesNet for almost 3 months now, and haven't been the happiest with the service, but have accepted it. However due to a death in the immediate family, I am leaving my current address and moving back to help my parents with the situation. I explaind all of this to a customer service rep last night and told him that with the death and moving, that I may have to cut service and don't really have the money to pay for the termination fee on top of a funeral. His response was "unfortunately the ONLY thing I can do is suspend service for 6 months and not waive any of the termination fee." Given the fact I told him i'd gladly come back in the future if necessary, he has completley changed my mind on that because obviously HughesNet does NOT CARE about their customers, all they care about is money. The most inconsiderate comment I have ever been told is by the rep who said "that's not a real reason to cancel wifi". LOL. I will never suggest HughesNet to anyone after that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi mfdillingham,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. My deepest condolences to you and your family. We normally do take sensitive situations like this into careful consideration. After a review of what happened on the call, I believe that could have gone a lot better. I'm so sorry for the added stress that interaction caused. 

I've gone ahead and taken care of your ETF, just call us at 866.347.3292 and refer to case 119158106, as that case has corporate instruction to let you go without the ETF.  

Also to clarify any misunderstanding that may have come from the call, after your service is canceled, be sure to return the modem, modem power cord, and the radio to avoid the Unreturned Equipment Fee ($300). Those details will be explained when you confirm cancellation over the phone.

Again, I'm sorry for this experience and wish you the best. If you have any other concerns, please let me know so I can address them for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi mfdillingham,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. My deepest condolences to you and your family. We normally do take sensitive situations like this into careful consideration. After a review of what happened on the call, I believe that could have gone a lot better. I'm so sorry for the added stress that interaction caused. 

I've gone ahead and taken care of your ETF, just call us at 866.347.3292 and refer to case 119158106, as that case has corporate instruction to let you go without the ETF.  

Also to clarify any misunderstanding that may have come from the call, after your service is canceled, be sure to return the modem, modem power cord, and the radio to avoid the Unreturned Equipment Fee ($300). Those details will be explained when you confirm cancellation over the phone.

Again, I'm sorry for this experience and wish you the best. If you have any other concerns, please let me know so I can address them for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mfdillingham 

I'm sorry for your loss.  Something like that is never easy, and the last thing you need is added frustration.  It's good that it was straightened out.  

I'm glad that you're able to be there to help your parents, though, again, I'm sorry for the reason that you need to.