Hughesnet Community

Wave Data Cap allowance and give payment extensions please!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willowd
New Poster

Wave Data Cap allowance and give payment extensions please!

We are in the middle of a world wide crisis. My family and many others are losing income because they cannot work either do to self isolation, quarantine, or kids at home because schools are closed. It is vital that we have access to reliable internet in order to keep our families safe and healthy. It is sad that my data is eaten up to begin with at the very beginning of each month because all computers must update. I pay a monthly service fee for 3-4 days of mediocre internet. At this urgent time in our lives with this pandemic I am having problems even loading the news to read the status of our State Of Emergency.  I tried all afternoon yesterday and could not even read news or read updates. I could not even load this page to appeal to your compassion and understanding.  This is frustrating, causing more anxiety on top of what we already are enduring with this crisis. Please step up and help us your customer base. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning willowd,

Thank you for reaching out. We sent out an email to customers Saturday regarding this. We know that you rely on us to keep connected and informed. Our ability to keep our network stable and reliable during these times is our highest priority. To improve network performance during this time of extremely high demand, we implemented the following changes on March 18th: 

1.    Increased speeds for customers who have exceeded their plan data (i.e., we have raised the "caps")  

2.    Prioritized Cloud based business applications to help people working from home. 

3.    Online Educational applications have also been prioritized.  

We are doing everything possible to make sure you stay connected in this challenging time. Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Satellite internet providers can't waive data cap allowances, because the capacity of the satellite is very limited and must be shared by all the subscribers.  If they raised data caps, none of the subscribers,  including you and your family, would be able to use the internet.

To see what they are doing to help the subscribers, read this post:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/COVID-19-and-Your-HughesNet-Service-Updated-3...

The Keep Americans Connected pledge not require ISPs to increase caps:

pledge.png

Liz

Good morning willowd,

Thank you for reaching out. We sent out an email to customers Saturday regarding this. We know that you rely on us to keep connected and informed. Our ability to keep our network stable and reliable during these times is our highest priority. To improve network performance during this time of extremely high demand, we implemented the following changes on March 18th: 

1.    Increased speeds for customers who have exceeded their plan data (i.e., we have raised the "caps")  

2.    Prioritized Cloud based business applications to help people working from home. 

3.    Online Educational applications have also been prioritized.  

We are doing everything possible to make sure you stay connected in this challenging time. Thank you for your patience. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!