Hughesnet Community

Worst experience

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Casasm

Worst experience

So far this has been the worst experience and company I've dealt with. I got there service before I moved into a home since it was very rural and no cell service. Well in the process of moving in we discovered the house has mold and we couldn't move in . So I call to see about canceling my service that I haven't even used and the rep was rude and would not even listen to why im frustrated about having to pay a ridiculous termination fee for reasons out of my control. She wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor and it got to the point where I just had to hang up. And she had the nerve to even ask if I would consider having the service in the future. After this I would never have the service or recomend the service to anyone I know. I have had the service for 45 days and haven't used it because we can't live there.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Casasm

If you're looking for help, please post in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  

Amanda

Hi Casasm,

I've moved your post to the appropriate board. I've located your account and to my understanding you had internet and phone service installed at a house you were going to move into, but now cannot move there because of an issue with the house. I noticed there isn't much data usage as you mention, but there were a few calls made just a couple of weeks after the service was installed. Understandably this is out of your control, however the situation with the house is out of our control too. Whomever is the selling party should be the one responsible for costs you incur because of the inhabitable state of the home. at least this is what I assume is the reasonable protocol in these situations (disclaimer: I don't work in realty)

I have no problem waiving the termination fees for both services because of the situation you are in, however the equipment will need to be returned to our warehouse. After your account is cancelled, a box will be mailed to you to return your radio transmitter, modem and power cord along with a pre-paid shipping label. Normally this box is mailed to the physical address where the services are installed, but I understand this might not be the best place to send it. You can send me a private message with the best shipping address for you if that is the case. Please let me know if this is acceptable and I will process an immediate termination.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Casasm,

Just checking in, hope you got my reply. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks

Amanda