Hughesnet Community

cancelations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindymmaine

cancelations

I called to cancel my service, I found a provider who offered a better service. I was given a case number and told I would receive a confimation email and a box would be sent to me with instructions and a label where I would return my modem and the eye on my dish. Ten days later I have not received either. I called back and was told the boxes are ready to ship and would arrive on 3/20. If I had not called, would they have ever arried and would I have been charged for the modem? I feel like I've been taked advantage of. Well lets see if the return boxes ever arrive. I'm not impressed.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

No one took advantage of you. Errors and delays happen, so it's a good idea to stay on top of transactions.  If the box doesn't arrive by 3/20, call again. 

@cindymmaine wrote:

I called to cancel my service, I found a provider who offered a better service. I was given a case number and told I would receive a confimation email and a box would be sent to me with instructions and a label where I would return my modem and the eye on my dish. Ten days later I have not received either. I called back and was told the boxes are ready to ship and would arrive on 3/20. If I had not called, would they have ever arried and would I have been charged for the modem? I feel like I've been taked advantage of. Well lets see if the return boxes ever arrive. I'm not impressed.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cindymmaine 

Might it have to do with your billing month?  What I mean is, unless you request an immediate cancellation, the service is terminated at the end of your current service month.  The return shipping box isn't sent out until that happens.