Hughesnet Community

data dumping again, TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rippedoff1
Freshman

data dumping again, TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

my new monthly cycle just started today and this morning they were full, now they are 79% for service plan and 67% for bonus  There is NO way this was used just today as we were not home and the wifi was shut down. Hughes does not even try to hide that they are screwing you blind, This place is **bleep**ed!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rippedoff1

It appears that you've decided to only comment suggestions that are wholly inappropriate and unhelpful, even after I provided you our community guidelines previously. Your community account will be suspended permanently. 

• "We have had 4 banks in a row tell us to never give hughes account numbers and use a credit card not tied to anything else but hughes" - If the bank is given one side of a story, this makes sense. We have not had any banks contact us with any concerns.
  • "shut it down the day before you dump them but make sure contract is up" - If your contract is up you will owe no early termination fee and considering you return your equipment there is no equipment fee either.
  • "redo the shipping label back to hughes for equipment as a sign for only" All of our packages are received by a human or left at a dock by UPS.
  • "so they can't say they did not get the stuff back" - If we get an empty box, then we didn't get the stuff back.
  • "keep a eye on it as hughes will not sign for it" - we do regularly sign for packages, but UPS most often than not will leave the items at a secure loading dock without asking for a signature. 
  •  "then turn that box right around in route and have it refused some more times and keep the tracking data and then walk away for good" - To my knowledge you won't be able to track a refused package's tracking number after you've refused it, which is the equivalent as telling the delivery company you are disassociating yourself from that piece of mail.

To any following this thread: if you have concerns, questions or issues with your payment method or equipment please create a post for yourself explaining the situation so that we can assist you.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rippedoff1

If you'd like help in determining what is using your data so that you can stop it from happening again, please start a new topic in Tech Support.    

Please respect others who use this Community and refrain from using foul language.  

Sorry GabeU, I got pissed when we got home and seen the data gone . We had the WIFI shut down and I KNOW that nothing of ours used it cause everything is off WIFI router, This dumping is hughes not us and there is nothing anyone can do about it, Phone calls are a total waste of hours of time with them and we gave up, We are dropping the service very soon before they steal anymore money from us. Thanx for trying to help but this place has to get out of our lives as these are very bad people and steal from people and hide behind a contract that they feel free to invade your bank accounts when ever they feel fit. We have had 4 banks in a row tell us to never give hughes account numbers and use a credit card not tied to anything else but hughes and shut it down the day before you dump them but make sure contract is up and redo the shipping label back to hughes for equipment as a sign for only so they can't say they did not get the stuff back and track that tracking number and keep a eye on it as hughes will not sign for it and then turn that box right around in route and have it refused some more times and keep the tracking data and then walk away for good

GabeU was going to try to help us but I did not want him to waste his time on something that can not be fixed,So I hit the solved button as trying to deal with hughes makes things alot worse . facebook and now youtube are in hot water and it won't be much longer before hughes hits the headlines. The banks are starting to say stay away from hughes and if bank warns you , you listen and hard, It won't be much longer when hughes crashes and hard

@rippedoff1

It appears that you've decided to only comment suggestions that are wholly inappropriate and unhelpful, even after I provided you our community guidelines previously. Your community account will be suspended permanently. 

• "We have had 4 banks in a row tell us to never give hughes account numbers and use a credit card not tied to anything else but hughes" - If the bank is given one side of a story, this makes sense. We have not had any banks contact us with any concerns.
  • "shut it down the day before you dump them but make sure contract is up" - If your contract is up you will owe no early termination fee and considering you return your equipment there is no equipment fee either.
  • "redo the shipping label back to hughes for equipment as a sign for only" All of our packages are received by a human or left at a dock by UPS.
  • "so they can't say they did not get the stuff back" - If we get an empty box, then we didn't get the stuff back.
  • "keep a eye on it as hughes will not sign for it" - we do regularly sign for packages, but UPS most often than not will leave the items at a secure loading dock without asking for a signature. 
  •  "then turn that box right around in route and have it refused some more times and keep the tracking data and then walk away for good" - To my knowledge you won't be able to track a refused package's tracking number after you've refused it, which is the equivalent as telling the delivery company you are disassociating yourself from that piece of mail.

To any following this thread: if you have concerns, questions or issues with your payment method or equipment please create a post for yourself explaining the situation so that we can assist you.

Thank you,

Amanda