hughes net leasing equipment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peppernoodle14
New Poster

hughes net leasing equipment

they will NOT LET YOU BUY SAME MODEM/ROUTER  OFF AMAZON/EBAY AND USE IT AND STOP LEASING THEIR EQUIPMENT, I NO LONGER HAVE A CONTRACT WITH THEM, THEY RAISED PRICES . I HAVE CONTACTED STATE ATT ABOUT THEM. THEY WON'T GIVE YOU THE TIME OF THE DAY...HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET A DIFFERENT AND BETTER SERVICE OUT IN THE COUNTRY.. HUGHES NET IS A RIP OFF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning peppernoodle14,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  This is correct; when lease customers cancel or get a replacement modem, they must return the old modem to avoid Unreturned Equipment Fees and so we can disassociate the modem from the customer account, among other general checkups. If our modem is purchased from a third party, we can't troubleshoot/support it because it is likely still linked to the previous customer.

Regarding the price increase, I’m sorry we weren't able to reach you. We sent regular mail 30 days ahead of time and put a note on your bill as well:

Our corporate office has received your complaint and will contact you soon to address your concerns. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

There are several perfectly good reasons for this, the biggest being that when you get one not under HugheNet's control, you have no idea if it's been infected with malware. Router malware is a huge problem, as hackers attempt to hijack them for the purposes of bitcoin mining and other things. Getting one from HughesNet guarantees your modem is safe and free from these kinds of issues that will significantly eat away at your data.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Good morning peppernoodle14,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  This is correct; when lease customers cancel or get a replacement modem, they must return the old modem to avoid Unreturned Equipment Fees and so we can disassociate the modem from the customer account, among other general checkups. If our modem is purchased from a third party, we can't troubleshoot/support it because it is likely still linked to the previous customer.

Regarding the price increase, I’m sorry we weren't able to reach you. We sent regular mail 30 days ahead of time and put a note on your bill as well:

Our corporate office has received your complaint and will contact you soon to address your concerns. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!