sales person was dishonest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ginag
New Poster

sales person was dishonest

I am unhappy with Hughes net so far. My family wanted better internet then what we had because we had purchased new items that required faster speeds. The current provider we had only provided 1 mb. I had called them to upgrade. Supposedly they sent someone to our house but I never saw them, and they said we werent upgradeable. So I called Directv, since we have tv service through them and they suggested Hughes net. I also called Dish network and they suggested Hughes net. Since we live in a rural area, fiber optics arent available to us. Anyway I talked to Hughes net. The rep asked how many people lived in our house and how we used the internet. I replied that we shopped online, watched you tube videos, check email but we dont play online games through playstation or anything. I mentioned we had purchased a couple of smart tvs at christmas that we have never been able to use because we have slow internet. He said that the 20mb package would be enough for what we do, that 8 people could use the internet without any slow down. I recall asking about unlimited data and he said we would always have data. I dont recall that he mentioned that the 20 mb we were purchasing through them would only last me 10 days out of the 30 if we used our devices. This has happened both months that we have had Hughes net. Apparently we have high speed data that will last us for 10 days. I didnt know we had to WATCH our usage, that we were limited to what we could do. I  wanted to purchase a surveillance cameras for our property...cant. I wanted to be able to use our smart tvs to watch movies...cant. I'm paying twice the money for basically the same speed of internet I had before.

I also asked the rep about service interruption because, as with Directv, when it rains really hard we lose signal. He told me that that will happen with Directv because they only have 4 - 6 satellites  but Hughes net has 15 -16 satellites so I wont lose connection. LIE. I called a csr to ask about that when we were having a storm one and they told me just the opposite. He said that any bad weather would knock out our service.       

Understand this... No one likes to be lied to. I asked questions and got half truth answers. The rep I origionally spoke to about purchasing hughes net was just out to make a sale and apparently didnt care whether he lied to do it. Some of frustration that I have now with the service I am recieving wouldnt be so dissappointing if I was told how things really work in the first place. I dont think  I have been so dissappointed in a company lying just to get business. Granted, there arent a lot of choices for those of us who live in the country. I would have stayed with the company I was currently with and paid half the price had I known that I wasnt going to be getting anything any better by going through Hughes net.  I know you dont want to hear that but be honest...do you like paying more money for less service?

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ginag 

If it's been no more than three or four months since your sales call, a rep will likely be able to have it pulled for review in order to determine whether the sales rep set appropriate expectations.  Depending on what's found in that review, you may have some sort of recourse.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 5PM EST.  They'll likely reply on Monday, though the sales call review itself can take up to a week.

Damian

Hello @Ginag,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this. I will investigate the sales call and let you know of my findings. Please allow up to a full business week for this investigation to be completed. Thank you for your patience in advanced. 

-Damian

@Ginag,

The investigation has been completed. I have private messaged you the results along with the steps we will be taking next. 

-Damian