where is my bill?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmh359
Freshman

where is my bill?

Been checking on the FTC to check on when consumers should get their bills before payment is due. The least is 11 days before payment is due.. That also includes auto pay which I never signed for or given a chose.
4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Good morning dmh359,

Thanks for posting, you can view your bill online in the Support Center.

You can see if you have incurred other charges outside of the standard internet and lease fees, if applicable, here's how:

1.      Visit your Support Center here: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com 

2.      Click the “Sign In” tab to visit your sign in screen.

3.      Enter your HughesNet user ID and password, then click the “Sign In” button to sign in.

4.      Click the “Billing” tab.

5.      Scroll down to the “Billing Account Information” panel.

6. Click on "Unbilled Activity" to see any additional charges you may have incurred, outside of your usual monthly service fees (lease, internet fee, and taxes). Typically, one would see token or tech dispatch charges, otherwise, the amount should be consistent every month (internet+lease+taxes).

Hope that clears things up for you.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

dmh359

The Subscriber Agreement that all Hughes customers have to agree to before service is started reads in part:

1.4 METHOD OF PAYMENT.

Except where additional methods of payment are specifically required or permitted under applicable law or regulation, or where Hughes explicitly and in advance permits another method of payment, you agree that you will provide a major credit or charge card (i.e., MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover) that Hughes may charge for all Service fees or other amounts payable under this Agreement (including Early Termination Fees and Unreturned Equipment Fees). You hereby authorize automatic credit or charge card billing by Hughes for all such charges. You further agree that the charges described above will be billed to the credit or charge card that you have provided when you applied for the Service.

The complete Subscriber Agreement can be found here:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm

It seems to me that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill on the billing issue.

Hughes has a considerable upfront investment in each subscriber ... administration, installation and indoor/outdoor equipment costs.

That investment has to be "guaranteed" in some manner ... not everyone has the same level of financial responsibility.

There are, broadly speaking, two payment methods:

Auto Draft and Invoice Billing

With Auto Draft you credit card will be "charged" on the same day that your bill is "generated".

Obviously you can't "see" your bill before it exists but .... your monthly fees, taxes and premium services, once selected, are reoccurring and can be anticipated.

Other charges of course can be incurred by a subscriber such as changes to plan level or token purchases. These "accumulating" charges can be seen on your Dashboard under the Billing tab  as "unbilled activity".

Invoice Billing is also available ($5.00 more) that allows the bill to be "generated" and then mailed to you and you pay the bill on or before the due date.

The bottom line here is ... Your payment method will be charged when the bill is generated when you have the default Auto Draft method of payment.

That monthly amount is stable and reoccurring ..... additions the a user chooses to add are visible to the subscriber prior to bill generation.

dmh359
Freshman

Ok just got an e-mail that by invoice is available and I know how to see the invoice online .. But of course it is not there just the invoice from last month. Another thing I pay as early as I can. As soon as I get my bill( credit cards telephoneetc....like to have some idea about what's going to be taken from my bank account a few days before it's done. Making a mountain out of a molehill seeing all the complaints on Hughesnet with billing I think I have a right to be concern
Liz

The invoice amount should be consistent every month (internet+lease+taxes).

Click on "Unbilled Activity" to see any additional charges you may have incurred, outside of your usual monthly service fees (lease, internet fee, and taxes). Typically, one would see token or tech dispatch charges under "Unbilled Activity".

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!